A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949

Trailer in Pavillion destroyed by blaze

Oct 30, 2012 - From staff reports

County firefighters responded at about 6 p.m. Sunday to a trailer home fire on Disneyland Road in Pavillion.

No one was injured, but officials said a single-wide trailer house was destroyed in the incident, which may have been caused by a recently installed wood stove.

"It didn't have the top flanges on," Kinnear fire chief Speed Hartbank said Tuesday. "It started the roof on fire and burned (the trailer) to the ground."

One man lived in the structure, which was situated next to another trailer according to Hartbank, who said the wind was "blowing just right" to keep the fire from spreading next-door.

"Everything went well," he said. "There were pretty high winds, but we were able to get her knocked down."

Hartbank estimated that fire officials were on the scene for almost three hours.
 

Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.

Related Stories

Related Tags


County Weather

Photo Gallery

Twitter Feed (Follow Us!)

© 2015 Riverton Ranger, Inc.