TodayOct 30, 2012 Staff
In Thursday's Ranger the page one story "Four moose poached near Hudson" should have said the moose were poached on private land within reservation boundaries.
In Sunday's Ranger, the page one story "Air quality OK around gas field near Pavillion" should have said some residents were not convinced the air quality study was accurate.
A son was born to Amanda C'Bearing, of Ethete, and Jalen Abeyta, of Fort Washakie, at 12:39 p.m. Sept. 28, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounces.
A son was born to Ashley and Daniel Bessey, of Riverton, at 11:59 a.m. Sept. 19, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Iliea and Josh Brown, of Lander, at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 29, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 1.9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Marie Rose and Daniel Say Washington, of Riverton, at 9:07 p.m. Sept. 13, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Kassie and Matthew Weber, of Lander, at 8:08 a.m. Sept. 12, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
A son was born to April and Alan Woodward, of Riverton, at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 1, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds.
Gladys Fern "Sally" Anesi, 90, formerly of Lander, died Saturday, Oct. 27, at home in Salt Lake City. A wake is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1, at Starks Funeral Parlor, 3651 South 900 East, Salt Lake City. A memorial mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 163 Leedy Drive, Lander.
Wayne L. Delorme, 65, of St. Stephens, died Friday, Oct. 26, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper surrounded by his family. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, at St. Stephens Catholic Church. A rosary service will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, at St. Stephens. Friday-Truan Detachment No. 683 Marine Corp League and Veterans will perform military honors after the memorial service.
Patricia Hall, 77, formerly of Riverton, died Friday, Oct. 26, at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County. Cremation has taken place at the Vase White Mountain Crematory in Rock Springs, and per her request there will be no services.
John W. Hampton, 72, of Lander, died Wednesday, Oct. 17, at Wind River Health Care in Riverton. Funeral services were Friday, Oct. 19, at the Holy Rosary Church with burial at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander.
Story Hour Players Present Halloween Plays at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander.
Trick-or-Treat on Main Street is at 6 p.m. on Main Street in Riverton.
Shoshoni Recreation District Haunted House is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the basement of the senior center, 209 Main St., Shoshoni. Tickets are $3 or $2 with a canned good. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
First Grade Family Night is at 5:15 p.m. at Aspen Park Elementary, 1620 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
RMS Parent-Teacher Conferences are at the Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave. Last names beginning with A-M can attend from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Last names beginning with N-Z can attend from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Parents are encouraged to attend with their children to visit teachers and pick up student report cards. Parents will also be able to shop at the RMS book fair.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Steven Hays, 58, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace.
- Tawny Holmes, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for use of methamphetamines at about 6:50 p.m. Friday on Cherry Street in Riverton.
- James Johnson, 20, of Casper, was arrested as a youthful offender at about 11:40 p.m. Saturday near Country Acres Road north of Riverton. The initial call was regarding an intoxicated driver according to reports.
- Frank Rose, 43, of Dubois, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation and driving while under suspension at about 3 a.m. Monday on First Street in Dubois.
- Toby Alonzo, 36, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving while under suspension, interference with police and on a warrant for probation violation.
- Gentry Blackburn, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and probation revocation.
- Tawny Holmes, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 5:25 p.m. Monday on Snowberry Lane in Riverton.
- Anna Lamb, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for larceny at about 10:15 p.m. Monday in the 2200 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Rebecca Root, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with police and misuse of a telephone at about 7:25 a.m. Monday in the 1700 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Forrest Yellowfish, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 9:40 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Steven Wunder, 61, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 10:30 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Forest Drive.
- Tamara Harris, 36, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for two counts of assault on a police officer and for resisting arrest and breach of peace at about 10:45 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Fairgrounds Drive. According to reports, Harris was attending a concert in the area when she was involved in a physical altercation with another woman. Officers reportedly escorted Harris outside and requested that she leave the property several times. She reportedly walked toward the parking lot, then returned to the officers and began swinging her fists at them, striking the officers with closed fists.
- Norman Oldman, 49, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street. With him was Charles Hereford, 26, of Riverton, who was arrested for failure to appear.
- Maurice Piper, 30, of Missoula, Mont., was arrested for driving under the influence with a .28 blood-alcohol content and for driving under suspension at about 2:10 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Cody Shirk, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a .12 blood-alcohol content at about 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 2300 block of East Park Avenue.
- Henry Tillman, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana and on three warrants for failure to appear at about 2 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Joseph Blackburn, 42, of Arapahoe, was arrested for contempt of court at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Forest Drive.
- Denise Piper, 29, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:25 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.