News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Oct 31, 2012 - Staff
A son was born to Wanda Peden and Thomas Keele Sr., of Riverton, at 4:50 p.m. Sept. 29, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Tesla Monique Goggles and Donovan Littleshield, of Riverton, at 10:26 a.m. Sept. 19, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds.
A son was born to Jessica and Adam Peden, of Riverton, at 4:34 p.m. Sept. 21, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces.
A son was born to Shawna Ritter, of Riverton, at 7:05 a.m. Sept. 19, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Sinead Rooks and Bryson Rogers, of Dubois, at 8:05 a.m. Sept. 21, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Megan Sankoff and TJ Beitel, of Riverton, Sept. 23, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
Robert J. Goggles, 73, of Mill Creek, died Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Lander Regional Hospital. Funeral services were Monday, Oct. 29, at the Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Burial was in the Yellow Calf Cemetery. A Native American Church service was held Sunday, Oct. 28, at his residence.
Patricia Hall, 77, formerly of Riverton, died Friday, Oct. 26, at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County. Cremation has taken place at the Vase White Mountain Crematory in Rock Springs, and per her request there will be no services.
Gaylord A. Lyman, 95, formerly of Lander, died Saturday, Oct. 27, at Southwest Memorial Hospital in Cortez, Colo. Graveside services were Wednesday, Oct. 31, at Summit Ridge Cemetery in Dolores, Colo. Military honors were conducted by Ute Mountain American Legion Post No. 75.
Robert L. "Bob" May, 88, of Riverton, died Friday, Oct. 26, at Wind River Health Care. Graveside services were Monday, Oct. 29, at Mountain View Cemetery with military honors.
Annual Women's Expo is 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-2764 or 455-2763.
"Bags for Bounty" Bag and Purse Auction is 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Noble Hotel, Lander. There will be $5, $10 and $20 tables of gently used bags/purses for sale, a silent auction and a live auction of 'theme bags" filled with items for every gender and age. Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar with beer and wine and support an art program for local citizens with disabilities. The cover charge is $10 a person or $150 for a table of eight. To reserve a seat, contact Cindy Keele at ckeele@ces or 856-5576.
Lander Art Center Exhibition Opening "The Small Things" is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St. Event is free and open to the public.
Dallas Brass is 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. A fun, fast-paced and entertaining performance, music from the time of George Washington to the present day. Great for the whole family.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Amy Allam, 32, of Lehi, Utah, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Selam Behan, 37, of Ethete, was arrested for probation violation.
- Al Brown, 41, of Ethete, was arrested for criminal entry at about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of East Adams Avenue in Riverton. According to initial reports, a resident came home from getting her mail and found an American Indian man in her house. He reportedly left the house and was sitting outside in a red truck with another man when the woman called law enforcement.
- Denzyle Brown, 19, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Joshua Robinson, 20, of Lander, was arrested for interference with police.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Stacy MedicineTop, 25, of Arapahoe, was arrested for assault and contempt of court at about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue. According to reports, MedicineTop was involved in a physical altercation with his girlfriend. At some point during the altercation, he reportedly stabbed his girlfriend in the leg. Officials said she did not require medical attention, but detectives did process the scene and are investigating the case. Charges reportedly will be reviewed, with an upgrade to aggravated assault possible.
- Brandon Brown, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Phillip Chiles, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Hayes Goggles, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of North Seventh Street West.