TodayNov 8, 2012 Staff
A son was born to Kylee Juneau, of Riverton, and Duane Medicine Cloud at 6:40 p.m. Sept. 25, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Marie A. Arthur, of Johnstown, at 3:20 p.m. Oct. 10, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
Maxine Carol (Blubaugh) Farris, 92, of Lander, died Saturday, Nov. 3, at her son's home in West Linn, Ore. Memorial services are pending.
Derick Meeks, 18 months, died Monday, Nov. 5, at Denver Children's Hospital in Denver. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10 at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. An evening service and wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at the Melody Spoonhunter Residence, 89 Gas Hills Road, Riverton. Interment will be in the Chief Washakie Cemetery.
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Chili Cookoff is at the VFW, 1409 W. Main St., Riverton.
Round Up for Remembrance is at 9 a.m. at Help for Health Hospice, 1240 College View Drive, Riverton. Celebrate National Hospice and Palliative Care Month and the lives touched by hospice care by joining us for the fourth annual 5K walk/run. Participants will receive a T-shirt. For more information or to register, call 856-1206.
33rd Annual Christmas Craft Bazaar is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School Bob Carey Memorial Fieldhouse, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Entry forms are available at the Lander Chamber of Commerce, 160 N. First St. For more information, call Nancy at 332-9172.
Holiday Craft and Business Expo is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in St. Margaret's Gym, 600 E. Park St., Riverton. Event is free and everyone is welcome. For more information or to register a table, call 857-1613.
Fall Turkey Shootis 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Shoshoni Rifle Range. Participants are responsible for their own firearms, ammunition and safety equipment. They must also bring their hunters education card. Cost is $4 for 25 rounds. Event is open to ages 12 and up.
Central Wyoming College Classic Basketball Tournament is 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Rustler Gym. CWC is host to this annual pre-season basketball tournament. The Rustler women play at 5:30 p.m., and the men take the court at 7:30 p.m.
Trinity Lutheran School Mexican Dinner and Auction is at 5:30 p.m. at the Riverton High School career center. There will be both live and silent auctions. Tickets are $8 to $12 and can be purchased at the office or from students.
Marine Corps Ball is at 6 p.m. at the Riverton Country Club, 4275 Country Club Drive, Riverton. Dinner is at 7 p.m. All Marines are invited.
Fremont Fantasia, presented by the Fremont County Orchestra, is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School auditorium. Music includes "Night on Bald Mountain," the Nutcracker suite and "Harry Potter." Tickets are $10 or $20 for families.
"Gary Small and the Coyote Bros." is at 7 p.m. in the community room at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Enjoy a modern journey into Native Americana music. Event is free. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Douglas Dale DeBoer from Yvonne Marie DeBoer. Wife granted custody of minor children.
Charla M. Dodge from Nathan D. Dodge. Wife granted custody of minor children.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Liticia Jolley, 47, of Lander, was arrested for resisting and interference at about 11:50 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of Burris Lenore Road in Crowheart. According to reports, she was highly intoxicated when she unsuccessfully attempted to drive her old Ford pickup truck off of a bridge on Burris Lenore Road.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Chester Moss, 33, of St. Stephens, was arrested for contempt of court at about 5:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
- Denise Piper, 29, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Rosetta Hutchinson, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court at about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.