A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Feb 28, 2012 - Staff
Longtime Riverton/Pavillion area resident, Shirley F. Asay, 79, died Friday, Feb. 24, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Longtime Riverton/Pavillion area resident, Shirley F. Asay, 79, died Friday, Feb. 24, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral mass is at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church in Riverton. Burial follows at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton with a reception following at St. Margaret's gym. There will be a viewing at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, at the Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. A rosary follows at 7 p.m. Memorials may be made to a charity of the donor's choice. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneral
Former Riverton resident, Julie J. (Richards) Friday, 44, of Cody, died Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012, in Cody. Cremation will take place and memorial services are at 10 a.m. Friday, March 2, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Memorials may be made to the Shrine Hospitals for Children. Online condolences for the family may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
John V. Kelsey, 63, of Lander, died Monday, Feb. 27, 2012, at Morning Star Manor at Fort Washakie. Memorial mass is at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 29, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander with the Rev. Father David Erickson officiating. Cremation has taken place. Memorials may be made to Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander. Online condolences for the family may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
First Grade Music Concert is at 6 p.m. at Jackson Elementary, 720 W. Jackson St., Riverton.
Auditions for Student Theater Showcase is 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College. Actors can audition for short theater pieces directed and designed by students. For more information, visit www.cwc.edu.
Lander Community Concerts Association concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Lander Valley High School Auditorium. Established in 1994, Portland Taiko is a premier Pacific Northwest taiko ensemble. Taiko (the Japanese word for drum and the name of the art form) has its roots in ancient Japanese tradition. Today, taiko is a dynamic and evolving performing art combining rhythm, movement, energy and culture into a single art form. Please arrive by 6:40 p.m. to ensure that the concert begins on time. For more information, visit http://www.landerconcerts.org.
Leonardo Live in HD at Lander Library is 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Art lovers will be able to experience LEONARDO LIVE, a satellite-delivered HD presentation of the once-in-a-lifetime exhibition "Leonardo da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan," captured at the U.K. National Gallery. LEONARDO LIVE offers an unprecedented opportunity for audiences to experience these da Vinci works. For more information, visit http://www.leonardolivehd.com/. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students. For more information, call the library at 332-5194, or visit http://www.fclsonline.org/.
In Riverton police departments from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 10:45 a.m. on Friday, police responded to a call about a fight in the 800 block of East Main Street. Subsequently, Nelson Duran, 32, and Kincaid Duran, 42, both of Riverton, were arrested for disturbing the peace.
- Marion Killsenemy, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic abuse). The arrest occurred at 7:06 p.m. on Saturday in the 2000 block of West Sunset Drive.
- At 7:52 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a call about an intoxicated driver in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Billy Wright, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for felony driving while under the influence (DUI).
- At 9:20 p.m. on Saturday, police arrested Lawrencetta Addison, 54, of Lander, on a municipal court warrant. The arrest happened in the 500 block of North Seventh Street East.
- Jude Jenkins, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI at 11:52 a.m. on Sunday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at 8:49 p.m. on Sunday in the 400 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- At 10:40 a.m. on Monday, police arrested Timothy Madelein, 46, of Riverton, for a Sheridan warrant. The arrest occurred in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Michael Manderson, 28, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving while under suspension and for Fremont County warrants. The arrest happened at 11:44 a.m. on Monday in the 2200 block of Riverview Road.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Carlos Bianas, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Michael Mason, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Samuel Parker, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Dominic Arthur, 43, of Arapahoe, was arrested for attempting to elude and larceny.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were called out 54 times and firefighters responded to five calls.
- Emergency personnel responded to a call at 1:17 a.m. on Sunday concerning a 25-year-old man with a non-fatal gunshot wound to the hand. According to the Fremont County Sheriff's Office, it was an accidental discharge. The man was reportedly breathing and alert.