News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Nov 16, 2012 - Staff
A son was born to Melissa Gambler and Earl Hutchinson, of Riverton, at 6:38 p.m. Oct. 6, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 10 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Sophie Divers, of Riverton, at 7:53 a.m. Oct. 3, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
Clarence "Hance" James Armajo Sr., 45, died Monday, Nov. 12, as a result of kidney and liver failure. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at the Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Burial will be in the Yellowcalf Cemetery under the direction of Hudson's Funeral Home.
Carry-In Memorial Dinner is at 4 p.m. at Blue Sky Hall, Ethete. Everyone is welcome. Dinner is in memory of Eric C. Likes and Elva C. Quiver.
Solutions Committee Meeting is at 10 a.m. in the council chambers at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. The Mapping a Healthier Fremont County Coalition and Prevention Coalition have gathered local data and information to help determine how best the coalitions can assist the Solutions Committee with public intoxication issues in Fremont County. The committee will hear updates from the teams, discuss coalition findings and possible strategies, and make further plans. For more information, contact Tauna GroomSmith at 349-4495.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Family Movie Night is at 7 p.m. at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois. Popcorn and lemonade will be provided.
Lander Community Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. The Abrams Brothers are fourth-generation musicians. In 2005, the Ontario-based group became the youngest Canadians to appear on Nashville's Grand Ole Opry.
Archealogical Society Presentation is at 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall. The title of Russell Richard's presentation is "An Overview of the Atlatl: Prehistoric and Historical Use of the Spearthrower." This is a free program.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Gina L. Flanagan from Donald E. Flanagan. Wife granted custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Thacker restored.
Robert Allen Foos from Amanda Jean Foos. Husband granted sole custody of minor child.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Ashlee Bojaj, 28, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Arrest reports were not available Friday.
- Grantor: ZIRBEL MICHAEL W TRUSTEE, ZIRBEL MICHAEL W REVOCABLE TRUST Sub/Mine: CAMBRIDGE VILLAGE SUB RI Lot: 9 Block: 1 City... Grantee: VINSON GLENN H, WILSON SHAWN J
- Grantor: APADACA GEORGE C Sub/Mine: SOUTHGLENN ADD RI Lot: 11 Block: 4 City: RIVE... Grantee: HANSEN JOHN C
- Grantor: RAGSDALE SCOTT, RAGSDALE RENAE Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 7 City: LANDER Grantee: FOUTZ JEAN KAY
- Grantor: LAVOIE SHANNAN, LAVOIE PHILLIP C Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 19 Block: 2 Cit... Grantee: RICHARSON WILLIAM
- Grantor: CRAMER CHARLOTTE A REVOCABLE TRUST, CRAMER CHARLOTTE A TRUSTEE Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 127 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 127 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 7 Block: 127 City: L... Grantee: MCGOWAN DENISE K, MCGOWAN SCOTT J
- Groom: FOOS RYAN ALLEN Bride: WILLIAMS JENNIFER MICHELE
- Groom: BOWER ROGER KENNETH Bride: ANDERSON KRISTINE ANDREWS
- Groom: STORY CHARLES WARREN III Bride: OVIATT HOLLYN ELIZABETH
- Groom: C HAIR JARRED MICHAEL Bride: SANKEY STEPHANIE RACHEL