News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Feb 29, 2012 - Staff
A daughter was born to Rosa N. Dodge, of Arapahoe, and Riley P. Tallwhiteman, of Lame Deer, Mont., at 12:22 a.m. Feb. 4, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9.4 ounces.
No services are scheduled for Harvey Kennith "Ken" Breedlove, 81, who died Friday, Feb. 24, 2012, at his home in Fort Washakie. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Former Riverton resident William C. "Bill" McBroom, 86, died Friday, Feb. 10, 2012, in Colorado Springs, Colo. Cremation has taken place and inurnment will be in Superior, Neb., where Mr. McBroom graduated from high school in 1944. Among his survivors is his wife, Connie O. McBroom.
Former Riverton resident Wayne "Duke" Richey, 80, died Monday, Feb. 20, 2012, at the Partners in Care Hospice House in Bend, Ore. A private celebration of life will be held in Sisters, Ore. Arrangements are by Baird Funeral Home, 2425 NE Tweet Place, Bend, OR 97701 (www.bairdmortuaries.com).
Former pastor of the Hudson Community Church, Eugene L. "Yogi" Webster, 84, of Follett, Texas, died Monday, Feb. 20, 2012. Memorial services are at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 3, at Central Assembly of God Church in Enid, Okla. Cremation will take place and inurnment will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 10, at Fairmont Cemetery in Follett, Texas. Memorials may be made to Apostolic Faith Bible College, Box 110, Baxter Springs, KS. Condolences may be posted online at www.andersonburris.com.
Commission Districts Public Meeting is 6 p.m. at the Riverton City Hall council chambers, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Fremont County Clerk Julie Freese is conducting a series of public meetings to inform and gather comments on possible changes to commission districts.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 of Central Wyoming College's Main Hall (formerly the Classroom Wing). Former and current CWC accounting and income tax students will provide free help preparing 2011 taxes to taxpayers who cannot afford professional assistance. The students of accounting instructor Willie Noseep are providing the help through April 4.
Health and Science Center Bid Opening is 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in room 103 of the student center at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
Jim Ratz Memorial Scholarship Dinner is at 5:30 p.m. at the Noble Hotel, Lander. Proceeds from the dinner are used to send two Fremont County high school students on a trip to climb the Grand Teton in the summer. The event includes a silent auction featuring work by local artists, a multi-course meal cooked by local chefs, Geoff Rader and Matt Sissman, and a presentation from last years' scholarship recipients. Tickets are $35 for adults and $25 for children under 12 and are available at Wild Iris Mountain Sports, 333 Main St., Lander. This is a BYOB event.
Commission Districts Public Meeting is 6 p.m. at the commission chambers, 450 N. Second St., Lander. Fremont County Clerk Julie Freese is conducting a series of public meetings to inform and gather comments on possible changes to commission districts.
In Riverton police reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Dennis Teran, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at 9:29 a.m. on Tuesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- At 12:42 p.m. on Tuesday, police arrested Lyle Hughes, 25, on a municipal court warrant in the 700 block of North Eighth Street.
- Ryan Foos, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at 1:52 p.m. on Tuesday in the 3300 block of Chandelle Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Matthew Bishop, 20, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Melissa Brown, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Leroy Deffebaugh, 34, of Aurora, Colo., was arrested for aggravated assault and battery.
- James Mckeown, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- Adam Trujillo, 34, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were dispatched nine times and firefighters responded to three calls for help.
- Leroy Deffebaugh, 34, of Aurora, Colo., was arrested at 1:22 a.m. on Wednesday in the 100 block of North Fork Road in Lander on charges alleging aggravated assault and battery.
Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee in a news release said Sheriff's deputy Charlie Foutz arrested Deffebaugh after being summoned to the residence for a reported fight in progress.
According to the sheriff's report, there was a 911 hang up at the residence prior to police responding.
"At this point, our deputies have developed enough probable cause through their investigation to believe Deffebaugh physically assaulted a female at the North Fork residence, and then allegedly brandished and threatened the female with a butcher knife," Lee said. "The victim did seek medical attention for minor injuries."