TodayDec 4, 2012 Staff
William A. "Billy" Bradford, 70, of Riverton died Friday, Nov. 30, at his rural Riverton home. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at the Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Doug Hill officiating. Private burial will take place at the Dubois Cemetery.
LeRoy A. Herman, 83, of Riverton, died Friday, Nov. 30, 2012, at his home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at Trinity Lutheran Church. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery with military rites. A viewing will be from 9 a.m. until the service at the church. Memorial donations can be made to Trinity Lutheran School, 419 E. Park Ave., Riverton, WY 82501. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
William W. Mott, 70, of Lander, died Wednesday, Nov. 28, at the University of Colorado Medical Center. Memorial services will be at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Mountain View Baptist Church, 290 E. Main St., Lander. Cremation has taken place, and burial will be at a later date.
Emily M. Stickney, 77, sister of Riverton resident Floyd Jaramillo, died Friday, Nov. 30, at Close to Home Hospice House in Gillette surrounded by her family. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at First Assembly of God Church in Gillette with Pastor Dan Holden officiating. Burial will follow in Mount Pisgah Cemetery. Visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, at Gillette Memorial Chapel.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Select Committee on Tribal Relations Meeting is Dec. 6 and Dec. 7 at the Joint Business Council Chambers, 15 North Fork Road, Fort Washakie. The purpose of the meeting is to consider issues relating to health care, utilities and infrastructure, tribal liaisons, law enforcement and crime reduction, juvenile justice and other issues that are of concern to citizens on and near the Wind River Indian Reservation. For more information, contact Lily Sharpe at 777-7881.
North Elementary Kindergarten Music Program is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School Auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
"The Magdalen Whitewash" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. The Valerie Goodwin play is about eight women who are sentenced to hard labor and harsh treatment at the Magdalen Asylum for getting pregnant out of wedlock. Set in the 1920s, the story is about the Irish "Maggies" and their struggle for human dignity and freedom.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Thomas Keele Sr., 45, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:20 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of Spencer Street in Riverton.
- Kelly Peterson, 45, of Dubois, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:20 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South First Street in Dubois.
- Juanita Owens, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- Caren Rector, 40, of Riverton, and Kevin Hecht, 49, of Riverton, were arrested for domestic violence/simple assault against one another at about 10:40 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Lawrence Slowbear, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault and battery at about 3:25 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. According to initial reports, Slowbear was intoxicated when he stabbed his 29-year-old girlfriend in the leg with a knife. Officials said he is accused of throwing a butcher knife at her; the knife reportedly struck her in the upper thigh. Reports state the woman was transported to Riverton Memorial Hospital to be treated for the injury, which was not life-threatening. Details surrounding the circumstances of the assault were still under investigation Tuesday. Slowbear also was served an active arrest warrant for failure to appear in Lander.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- LoneStar Addison, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:40 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Trent McIntyre, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence assault and interference with an emergency call at about 7:35 a.m. Saturday on South Federal Boulevard.
- Shawn Whiteplume, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .19 and open container at about 2:45 p.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital. With him was Maxine Hamilton, 40, of Ethete, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Kincaid Duran, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4 p.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Edward Brown, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 4:50 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Edward SoundingSides, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for trespassing and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:45 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Garrett MedicineCloud, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace and resisting arrest at about 10 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Vincent YellowBear, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:20 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of Eagle Drive.
- Brian Washington, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .15 at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Main Street and Short Drive.
- Andelee ChargingHawk, 20, of Hudson, was arrested on two warrants for failure to appear, one warrant for contempt of court, and for resisting arrest at about 2:20 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Leah Addison, 30, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Blackfoot Avenue.
- Theresa Zapata, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on two warrants for failure to appear at about 1:20 p.m. Monday on Washington Avenue.
- Edward Brown, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Stephanie Behan, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 8 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of North Elm Street.
- Willis St. Clair, 36, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .12 at about 10:50 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.