Dec 11, 2012 - StaffDeaths
Crystal K. Mabbitt, 62, longtime Fremont County resident, died Saturday, Dec. 8, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Cremation has taken place, and a celebration of life service will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at the Shoshoni Recreation Center, 97 S. Maple St., Shoshoni.
Alex Pastor, 77, died Wednesday, Dec. 5, at his home following a lengthy illness. Memorial services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Atlantic City Fire Hall. Cremation has been taken place in care of Wind Dancer Funeral Home. A carry-in dinner will be at the Grub Steak following the services.
Heather A. Philp, 40, died Sunday, Nov. 25, at her home in Riverton. Cremation has taken place, and services were Thursday, Nov. 29, at Davis Funeral Home. Echo Klaproth officiated.
Lavonne Roanhorse, 60, died Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Wyoming Medical Center. Traditional Indian funeral services were Monday, Dec. 10, at Rocky Mountain Hall with Boyd Lopez officiating. Interment will be in the Sacajawea Cemetery.
Evelyn M. Whitaker, 91, formerly of Riverton, died Thursday, Dec. 5, at Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho. Memorial services are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
LEADER Meeting is at 7 a.m. at the Oxbow Restaurant, 70 E. Main St., Lander. Brent Hathaway, dean of the University of Wyoming School of Business, will talk on the activities of the business school and how it affects the business climate in Wyoming.
Wyoming Veterans Walk-in Hours is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton VA Medical Clinic. A Wyoming state veterans service officer can help Wyoming veterans with health care, Wyoming and federal benefits and VA disability/pension claims. For more information, call 438-2101.
Public Meeting on Licensing is at 6 p.m. at the Lander Game and Fish Office, 260 Buena Vista Drive, Lander.
Rezheadz & Gemini Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel & Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. Tickets are $25 with Reward Card, $35 without Reward Card.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Rex Lain, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 8:45 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Mary Anne Drive in Riverton.
- Steven Oldman, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for failure to appear and contempt of court at about 1:10 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- John Antelope, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:15 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of West Main Street.
- Susan Lain, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 7:35 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Jacob Burns, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:50 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Main Street.
- Eric Imes, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of South First Street.
- Jacob Bolte, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, no insurance and driving while under suspension at about 2:40 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of West Main and Short streets in Riverton.
- Randy Weber, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting and resisting arrest at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday at Kmart.
- Camellia Tillman, 45, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold at about 3 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Phillip Hurtado, 73, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Ryan Vonfeldt, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and on a Natrona County warrant at about 1:35 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Charlene Brown, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Sweetwater County warrant at about 5 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of Sycamore Drive.
- Jesse Bell, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 2:30 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Chelsey Miller, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for underage drinking and disturbing the peace at about 5 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- A 23-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 8 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Joel Colson, 18, of Dubois, was arrested for use of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, no insurance, tail lamps and registration violation.
- Deputies responded at about 8:50 p.m. Saturday to reports that a person had been stabbed on Snowberry Lane in the Gardens North subdivision north of Riverton. According to reports, deputies located a 25-year-old man who had been stabbed several times in the torso. He reportedly had suffered at least three lacerations to his upper body, but officials said the man refused to cooperate with law enforcement. He was reportedly taken to the Riverton Memorial Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Officials said they were able to take some photographs of the injuries, but otherwise the victim "adamantly refused" to talk about what happened. The case is reportedly inactive.
- Only one person was booked into the Fremont County Detention Center on a drunken driving charge during Saturday's countywide saturation patrol. The campaign began at 3 p.m. Saturday and ran through 8 a.m. Sunday. During that time frame, officials said, multiple persons were contacted countywide for various traffic violations, but only one person was found to be driving under the influence.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.