News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Dec 13, 2012 - Staff
A daughter was born to Teresa Timbana and Aaron Antelope Jr., of Fort Washakie, at 5:02 a.m. Nov. 26, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces.
A son was born to Amanda and Gary Boyle, of Shoshoni, at 12:10 p.m. Oct. 29, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Julie and Gabe Castro, of Riverton, at 3:32 p.m. Nov. 4, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jennifer Sekely, of Hudson, at 1:43 p.m. Nov. 16, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jen YellowBoy, of Fort Washakie, and Malachai Dolan, of Topeka, Kan., at 11:08 a.m. Nov. 1, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
A son was born to Shanell Limpy, of Riverton, and Antonio Duran, of Arapahoe, at 7:54 a.m. Nov. 15, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Jennifer and Dennis Teran, of Riverton, at 1:12 p.m. Oct. 26, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
St. Stephen's Indian Middle School "Holiday Craft and Carnival Sale" is at the Eagles Hall, St. Stephen's. Tables are $15, and there are 12 spaces. All proceeds will go toward the eighth grade Moving-Up Ceremony. For more information, call Wendy Hull at 856-4147 ext. 15.
Kids Make Christmas Treats is 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College Technical Building Room 115. Children love to create, especially when the results are yummy to eat. Treats will include decorated christmas tree ice cream cones, dipped candy canes with sprinkles, Nutterbutter snowmen and more treats. Event for children ages 4 to 7. Cost is $8. For more information, call 855-2125.
Last Chance Craft Fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton. For more information, call Cindy Harris at 850-6538.
Food for Break Collection, sponsored by Riverton Middle School eighth-grade students and PAC Committee, is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 15 at Safeway, 709 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Non-perishable food items will be collected. For more information, call 856-9443.
Fremont County Fiber Arts Guild Meeting is at 10 a.m. in Riverton. Knitters, weavers, spinners, felters and crochet artists are all invited. For more information, call Alice Brew at 332-5334.
Native American Church Organization Craft Fair/Flea Market is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. For more information or to reserve a table for $25, call Lance Oldman at 240-7653.
Second Annual Nativity Walk Bazaar and Chili Feed is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the United Presbyterian Church, 1101 N. Broadway Ave., Riverton. Come see a variety of nativity scenes. Craft items, baked goods and miscellaneous items will be on sale. All proceeds from the chili feed will be donated to the Good Samaritan Homeless Shelter and Fremont County Group Homes.
Ugly Sweater 5K Run/Walk, sponsored by the Central Wyoming College Student Nurse Association is at 10:30 a.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre parking lot at CWC, Riverton. There will be prizes for fastest runner, fastest walker and ugliest sweater. Donations of unwrapped, new toys will earn $5 off registration fees. All toys will go to local area children hoping for a better Christmas.
Met Opera "Aida" is at noon in the Lander Library's conference rooms A and B, 200 Amoretti St., Lander.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Jared Littlewhiteman, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Mary Anne Drive in Riverton.
- Trampes Rivers, 38, of Dubois, was arrested for use of a controlled substance.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Burgess Poorbear, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10 a.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Raymond Littlethunder, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- The Riverton Police Department has been challenged by the Wind River Police Department to play a basketball game for charity. The game will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, at the Riverton High School gym. Proceeds from the event will go to a local charity.
The WRPD also will participate in a charity basketball game with Fort Washakie School staff at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 19, in the school's new gym. The game will coincide with a daylong anti-drug presentation which includes a guest speaker. Admission is free.
- The Riverton Volunteer Fire Department will kick off "Operation Give Smiles" on Friday morning at Riverton Fire Station No. 4 on South Broadway Avenue. Several community volunteers will be assisting with the wrapping of 540 new gifts Friday morning. The gifts will be distributed by fire departments countywide on Sunday afternoon.
Operation Give Smiles is a program that was formed by the RVFD. This is the fifth operation since the inception of the program in 2008. Private donations are received, which help purchase $10,000 in Christmas gifts for needy children each year. These gifts are wrapped, and then delivered via fire engines all over Fremont County.