Dec 18, 2012 - StaffCorrections
In Sunday's Ranger, the page one story "District 25 to state: Not so fast on huge school reforms" should have said the Wyoming Accountability in Education Act is being implemented through the Wyoming State Board of Education.
A daughter was born to Hailee Kendall and James Humphries, of Riverton, at 10:57 p.m. Nov. 23, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 2.5 ounces.
A son was born to Amanda Garland and Antone Jackson, of Riverton, at 9:46 p.m. Nov. 9, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jennifer James and Hector Rico, of Riverton, at 7:55 a.m. Nov. 11, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Hazel and Tyler Jordan, of Riverton, at 5:45 a.m. Nov. 26, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
Louise E. Kelly, 84, of Riverton, died Saturday, Dec. 15, at Wind River Heath Care. Cremation has taken place, and no local funeral services are planned. A memorial service for Louise and Bill Kelly will be scheduled at a later date with graveside services in Chatham, Ill.
Geraldine Pollock, 83, died Sunday, Dec. 16, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Mark Thurman of the United Methodist Church officiating. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Tommie L. Romero, 53, of Gillette, died Friday, Dec. 14, at the Campbell County Memorial Hospital in Gillette. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, with Catholic clergy officiating. Interment will follow at Arapahoe Catholic Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, at Davis Funeral Home.
Marilyn Van Vleet, 67, died Friday, Dec. 14, in Riverton following a battle with cancer. Cremation has taken place. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 21, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander. A rosary will be at 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church.
Priscilla Frances Oldman Black Ybarra, 58, of Riverton, died Sunday, Dec. 16, at her home. Funeral services will be at noon Friday, Dec. 21, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, with Catholic clergy officiating. Interment will follow at the Arapahoe Catholic Cemetery. A rosary will be at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, also at the family home.
Wyoming Veterans Walk-in Hours is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton VA Medical Clinic. A Wyoming state veterans service officer can help Wyoming veterans with health care, Wyoming and federal benefits and VA disability/pension claims. For more information, call 438-2101.
WRPD/Fort Washakie Staff Charity Basketball Game is at 2 p.m. in the school's new gym. The game coincides with a daylong anti-drug presentation which includes a guest speaker. Admission is free.
Bookies Book Club is at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander.
Ashgrove Class Christmas Parties is at 2 p.m. at Ashgrove School, Riverton.
Business After Hours is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Wyoming, Inc., 315 Main St., Lander. Everyone is welcome to attend, enjoy refreshments and visit/network with fellow business owners, friends and neighbors.
Lander Middle School Band Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School Auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
St. Margaret's Christmas Program is at 7 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Aaron Guffey, 30, of Pavillion, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Disneyland Road in Pavillion.
- Kevin Johnson, 21, of Amboy, Wash., was arrested for driving under the influence, no insurance, open container and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8:40 p.m. Friday on Muskrat Road in Shoshoni.
- Clinton Marburger, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Daniel Nunes, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Washakie County.
- Jewell Taylor, 22, of Lander, was cited for driving while under the influence of alcohol at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 300 block of North Fork Road in Lander. According to reports, she also was arrested for speeds too fast for conditions after she failed to negotiate a curve in the roadway and reportedly drove her 2001 Toyota RAV4 into an archway in front of a nearby home. Taylor was taken to Lander Regional Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries, and officials said her vehicle was deemed a total loss. Taylor's passengers, men ages 19 and 21, said they were not injured in the incident.
- Calvin Campbell, 18, of Lander, was arrested for bond violation at about 9 a.m. Monday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Shane Wesaw, 37, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 4 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Paul Bell, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:30 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Reuben Afraidofhistracks, 32, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for assault and resisting arrest at about 5:45 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Joseph Twiss, 38, of Arapahoe, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence and fighting in public at about 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue. With him was Edward Brown, 29, of Riverton, who also was arrested for pedestrian under the influence and fighting in public.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.