TodayJan 2, 2013 Staff
Jedidiah Brown-SixFeathers, 12 days old, died Saturday, Dec. 29, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery. A rosary and wake will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 2, at Great Plains Hall.
Ronald D. "Roscoe" Knuth, 61, of Riverton, died Monday, Dec. 31, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 4, at the BPOE Riverton Elks Lodge 1693, 207 E. Main St., Riverton.
Esther R. Noyes, 80, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Jan. 1, at her home. Cremation has taken place and a memorial service is at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 5, at the United Baptist Church at 12th Street and Pershing Avenue in Riverton. Services are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Carroll A. Rigg died Friday, Dec. 28, at his home in Riverton. He was 101. Services are at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11, at the United Methodist Church In Riverton.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Wednesday morning:
- Trenton Jordan, 21, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Daniel King, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 1:20 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Smith Road in Riverton.
- Nicole Whiteplume, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, no insurance and no registration at about 11:20 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street in Riverton.
- Carolyn Vigil, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, lighted lamps and illuminating at about 2:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Wednesday morning:
- Terrance Posey, 23, of Ethete, was arrested for possession of marijuana and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:20 a.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Third Street East.
- William Gembala, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant at about 4:15 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Amy Green, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Jonathan Davis, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for felony property destruction and resisting arrest at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- William Carpenter, 33, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 12:50 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard. With him was Micah Lott, 19, of Riverton, who was arrested for possession of marijuana and on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Ashley Addison, 37, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .15 at about 7:30 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Ronald Burton, 45, of Ethete, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 7:20 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Dustin Friday, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Chip Janzen, 28, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to pay child support.
- Local firefighters responded at about 7 a.m. Monday to reports of a fire underneath a sink in a trailer home south of Riverton.
Riverton Volunteer Fire Department chief Ralph Estell said no one was injured in the blaze, which started in the floorboards of the trailer at 11337 Wyoming Highway 789.
"Most of the damage was to the flooring in the kitchen area," Estell said Wednesday. "We had to take the top layer (of flooring) off."
He said the trailer wasn't destroyed in the incident, but the family living at the residence had to find somewhere to stay for New Year's Eve.
When he arrived on scene, Estell said flames weren't visible.
"It was mostly smoke coming pretty much from underneath the trailer and out the kitchen and front door there," Estell said. "It was more smoky than anything. But once we got the floor open the flames popped out and it was pretty easily extinguished at that point."
Crews stayed on scene for more than an hour to ensure the blaze was completely out, and Estell said an investigation is ongoing to determine the cause of the incident. He advised residents to check their space heaters and heat lamps to ensure they are in working order before leaving them on for extended periods of time.
"Some are OK, some are not," Estell said. "The older (any appliance) gets, the more it's prone to malfunctions."
People also should keep electrical appliances away from flammable objects, and Estell added that everyone should make sure their home smoke detectors are operational.
In early afternoon trading, the Dow Jones Industrial average was up 227.50 points, or 1.74 percent, to 13,331.64.
The Nasdaq composite index read 3,092.89, up 73.38 points or 2.43 percent.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 26.11 points or 1.83 percent, to 1,452.30.
Last trade Percent change
Applied Matl 11.71 2.36
Cummins Engine 112.66 4.02
ConocoPhillips 58.72 1.27
El Paso CIG 32.43 1.63
First Interstate 15.50 0.36
Packard Co. 14.95 4.81
KLA Tencor 49.03 2.68
Schlumberger 70.71 2.07
Safeway 18.27 0.97
United Parcel 75.61 2.60
U.S. Energy 1.55 3.33
Quotes as of 12:31 p.m.
Price Percent change
Gold 1687.70 0.75
Silver 31.02 2.21
Platinum 1565.00 1.69
Palladium 706.00 0.57
Copper 3.70 3.24
Nickel 7.97 3.26
Aluminum 0.96 4.46
Zinc 0.95 2.57
Lead 1.10 4.16
Quotes as of 12:32 p.m.