TodayJan 8, 2013 Staff
In the Dec. 23 issue of The Ranger, the page one story "Council allows chickens in city limits" reported incorrectly that the Riverton City Council had passed a new ordinance permitting city residents to own and raise chickens in city limits.
The council has agreed to consider the ordinance, but it is not yet final. It is scheduled for its first reading this month and must pass two additional readings before becoming part of city code.
Dick Bowman, 65, of Lander, died Tuesday, Jan. 1. No traditional services will be held, but the family will gather in Midwest City, Okla., to honor and celebrate his life.
Leo Vincent Cowboy Jr., of Fort Washakie, died Tuesday, Jan. 1, in Salt Lake City. Visitation will be at 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6, in Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. The visitation will remain at Blue Sky Hall overnight. The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Blue Sky Hall.
Ramona "Gigi" Lee Richards Doidge, 75, died Sunday, Dec. 30, in Pueblo, Colo. A celebration of life was Friday, Jan. 4.
Irene Joyce Fegler, 91, died Saturday, Jan. 5, at Westward Heights in Lander. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Riverton. Pastor David Magruder will officiate with inurnment following at Mountain View Cemetery. A funeral dinner will immediately follow at the fellowship hall of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Ben E. Roberts, 59, of Riverton, died Saturday, Jan. 5. A public viewing will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, at Newcomer Funeral Home in Casper. Services and burial will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Oregon Trail Veterans Cemetery in Casper.
Gordon Shippen, 95, died Friday, Jan. 4, at the Wind River Healthcare Center. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, at Davis Funeral Home. A mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Dubois Cemetery.
Parent Math Game Night is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Ashgrove Elementary, 510 N. First St., Riverton.
Poetry Reading is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Old Town Coffee, 300 Main St., Lander.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Dwight Begay, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:45 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of North Elm Street. Officers were responding to reports of a family fight.
- William Hubbard, 42, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and contempt of court at about 1:20 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Raphael Truyen, 57, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:55 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Jefferson Avenue.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for shoplifting and on warrants for failure to appear at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Charles Geboe, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for contempt of court and failure to appear at about 5:15 p.m. Saturday on Navaho Avenue.
- Sterling Howell, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Amber Kealer, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:05 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of West Main Street.
- Shaun Farris, 33, of Ethete, was arrested for shoplifting, resisting arrest and public intoxication at about 1 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of West Main Street. During the same incident Camille Goodman, 30, of Arapahoe, was arrested for resisting and on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Ed Brown, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .27 at about 7:40 p.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center. Officers were responding to reports of simple assault.
- Dena Smith, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested for possession of marijuana and breach of peace at about 11:10 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of South 12th Street East.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Charles Brown, 56, of Arapahoe, was arrested for simple assault and interference with an emergency call at about 7 p.m. Sunday on Goes In Lodge Road near St. Stephen's.
- Shaniece Headley, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license.
- Bernard King, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1 p.m. Saturday on Ranch Road in Riverton.
- Christopher Sebring, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, minor in possession and leaving the scene of an accident without notifying anyone.
- Gordon Smiley, 71, of Riverton, was cited for no valid driver's license and hit and run at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of Missouri Valley Road. According to reports, Smiley drove his truck into a vehicle on Burma Road and was swerving before he stopped on Zuber Road. Officers said Smiley was not intoxicated, but he does have vision problems.
- Jennifer Bundy, 46, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for bond revocation.
- Jerome Goggles, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with police at about 9:20 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton. According to reports, Goggles refused to give a deputy his correct name during a traffic stop.
- Deputies responded at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday to a trailer home in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue where someone was reportedly pounding on a window. According to reports, the person had broken one window out of the trailer and all of the windows out of a vehicle nearby. Officials said the victim of the incident indicated it involved an ongoing feud.
- Officials are investigating a hit-and-run incident that was reported at about 10:45 a.m. Sunday in the 2000 block of East Park Avenue in Riverton. According to reports, a 1995 Ford Mustang collided with an unattended, parked vehicle as well as a fence in the area. Witnesses reported that two people fled from the Mustang after the collision; one was described as wearing a black jacket while the other wore an orange jacket and pants. The two were not located, but officials said the Mustang was impounded. The owner of the vehicle reportedly showed up Monday afternoon to speak with a deputy, who said the investigation into the incident was nearing completion as of Tuesday morning.