A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 22, 2013 - Staff
Daniel Orvill (Danny) Edwards, 60, died Thursday, Jan. 17, at his home in Lander with his wife, Cindy, at his side. A ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Daniel Orvill (Danny) Edwards, 60, died Thursday, Jan. 17, at his home in Lander with his wife, Cindy, at his side. A simple gathering will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, at the VFW.
Dustin James Moss, infant son of Chester Moss and Kendra C'Bearing, was born and died Sunday, Jan. 20, at the Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 430 Elizabeth Drive, Riverton. Interment will follow at Wallowingbull Cemetery.
Patricia E. Walthers, 79, of Riverton, died Monday, Jan. 21, at her home. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, at the Hillcrest Baptist Church with Pastor Mike Smith officiating. Cremation has taken place.
George Watts, 59, of Mission, S.D., died Wednesday, Jan. 16, in Riverton. A meal and funeral ceremony will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the SGU Multipurpose Building in Mission, S.D.
Auditions for "Hair" are 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
RC Fly-In, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Riverton Middle School gym, 840 Major Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Roger Davis, 56, of Riverton, was arrested on an Albany County warrant at about 9:30 p.m. Friday on Sunnyside Avenue in Riverton.
- Jeffrey Medicine Horse, 23, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Jesse Bell, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for probation violation at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Seventh Street East.
- Craig C'Bearing, 25, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court at about 12:50 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Austin Hudson, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace and minor in possession at about 3:20 a.m. Sunday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Noble Glover, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Sweetwater County at about 1:20 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road.
- Joseph Ballantyne, 53, of Riverton, was arrested on a U.S. Marshall's warrant at about 2:45 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Joseph Twiss, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 6:25 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Gerald Sittingeagle, 50, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 6:30 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- The following people were issued misdemeanor citations and released with their promise to be appear in court at a later date: A 28-year-old Riverton woman was arrested on four counts of larceny; a 33-year-old Riverton man and a 46-year-old Riverton man each were arrested for possession of a controlled substance at about 10:20 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Jesse Manzanares, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1:10 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of South Second Street East in Riverton.
- Blake Armajo, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 10:10 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Fir Street in Riverton.