A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 24, 2013 - Staff
Martha Leikam, 85, a longtime resident of Riverton, died Tuesday, Jan. 22, in Casper. A viewing will be 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Martha Leikam, 85, a longtime resident of Riverton, died Tuesday, Jan. 22, in Casper. A viewing will be 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, at the Davis Funeral Home. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, at the St. John Lutheran Church. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton.
Bruce R. Groesbeck Jr., 95, died Monday, Jan. 21, surrounded by his children. Services will be at noon Saturday, Jan. 26, at Basham Funeral Care in Bakersfield, Calif., immediately followed by a graveside service at Hillcrest Memorial Cemetery.
Sherry J. Snapp, 66, of Riverton, died Thursday, Jan. 24, at her home. Services are pending at the Davis Funeral Home.
Lee D. Whitlock, 88, longtime rancher on the Sweetwater near Jeffrey City, died Tuesday, Jan. 22. Cremation has taken place, and memorial services will be at 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, at the United Methodist Church in Riverton, with the Rev. Doug Hill officiating. Committal rites will be conducted by the Lander VFW.
Ice Fishing Derby, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is Jan. 25 to Jan. 27 at the Boysen Reservoir.
Third Annual Girls Day Out, sponsored by Soroptimist International of Riverton, is 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Central Wyoming College Intertribal Education and Community Center. Event is free and for girls age 11 to 16. Each participant will receive a gift bag, and drawings will be held at the end of the day. To register, call Karen at 856-2184. Registration deadline is Jan. 19.
Poker Run, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 10 a.m. to noon at the B & K Shoreline Stop, 2 Bass Lake Road, Riverton. The award ceremony is at 2 p.m. For more information, call Kathy Kenyon at 259-7486.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Forrest Duran, 42, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Craig Isabell, 23, of Pavillion, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Keith Lance, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 11 p.m. Wednesday. According to reports, Lance was driving a white Chevy truck at a high rate of speed when he almost "side swiped" another vehicle while traveling south on Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton. The reporting party said the truck was not maintaining one lane of travel. Lance reportedly turned west on Country Acres Road and pulled into a nearby business, where he was contacted by law enforcement.
- Shannon Timbana, 37, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Jefferson Street in Lander.
- Groom: MCADAMS FRANK RANDALL Bride: BEHAN AUTUMN MACHELLE
- Groom: SANDERS SPENSER JOHN Bride: BOSHARD ASHLEY TAYLOR
- Groom: GARDNER DAVID MICHAEL Bride: BARRETTE SHERI LEE
- Groom: DESPAIN DUSTIN JAMES Bride: VENZOR KIRBIE NICOL
- Groom: SNYDER JUSTIN WAYNE Bride: VELARDE MICHELE LYNN
- Groom: LESOSKI KEVIN JOHN Bride: NICOL TAJENE NMN
- Groom: ELLIS MARK EDWARD Bride: JOHNSON LAURIE JEAN
- Groom: ORTIZ BRETT ROY GERARD Bride: GARLAND JESSICA LINN
- Groom: WOOD JUSTIN ADAM Bride: KOHLER GABRIELLE LAREE
- Groom: BORNHOFT JOSHUA JACK Bride: KUEGELER SOPHIA MECHALL Notes: CORRECTS BRIDE'S LAST NAME
- Groom: SAUER ROBERT LEE Bride: CAPEN ELIZABETH DEW
- Groom: DINGMAN CHRISTOPHER MATTHEW Bride: KRUPICKA KATRINA ANNE
- Groom: WORKMAN NATHAN CHRISTOPHER Bride: PROVEAUX BROOKE NICOLE
- Groom: FRANZEN JOHN HENRY Bride: FIELDGROVE JESSICA JANE
- Groom: SCHIMELPFENIG DAVID WESLEY Bride: CAMPBELL MCKENZIE STAPP
- Groom: FEGLER STEVEN HARRY Bride: GROSCH JEANNA LAJOIEU
- Groom: MCCANN TYLER COOK Bride: HANCOCK ANGELA MAE
- Groom: MILLER ROBERT JAMES Bride: WALLOWINGBULL SHASTA VICTORIA
- Groom: SPRINGSTON DUSTIN DEAN Bride: KAIL BRITTANI RAE
- Groom: SLAYTER CHRIS ROBERT Bride: SHOTWELL CHRISTINA MARIE
- Groom: LEWIS DENNIS MICHAEL Bride: ADAMS TAMARA JOYCE
- Groom: ADDISON LONESTAR JEFFERY Bride: TOUCHINE AZALEA DAWN
- Groom: BIG KNIFE JUSTIN JAMES Bride: DAY CHILD SHAWNA FAYE
- Groom: ROGERS JACOB DILLON Bride: WILSON AMANDA ROCHELLE
- Groom: BRAGG JOSHUA BENJAMIN Bride: OKADA AIKO NMN
- Groom: RIVERA THEODORE CHARLES Bride: WELCH JODI DAWN
- Groom: PURDUM DARREN SCOTT Bride: ETSINGER SARAH LEEANN
- Groom: WATKINS ALEXANDER NICHOLAS Bride: TAGGART JOY MARIE
- Groom: ALLEN MICHAEL EDWIN Bride: BIRDSHEAD SONJA KAY
- Groom: BECKWITH PHILIP KARL Bride: JABILLES CHERRY ANN ETURMA
- Groom: THOMAN BRYAN FARRELL Bride: OSBORNE HANNAH MARIE
- Groom: MILLER JONATHON PATRICK Bride: KRISTENSEN JILLIAN GRACE
- Groom: HARKER JASON RYAN Bride: DVERGSDAL ERICA ANN
- Groom: THOMPSON MICHEAL JACK Bride: YOUNG CODI SUE
- Groom: TATRO MILES ALLEN Bride: TATRO TAMMY LEE
- Groom: GOULD MICHAEL THOMAS Bride: BEARING VERNALYN FAWN
- Groom: BROWN RICHARD THOMAS Bride: SHAKESPEARE LYNELLE ROSE
- Groom: DURGIN THOMAS LOUIS Bride: MUGGELBERG GLORIA MAIE
- Groom: OLDMAN ERNEST NMN Bride: FELTER RACHEL MARIE
- Groom: BOWERS ROBERT DAVID Bride: LECLAIR JESSIE MAE
- Groom: TORRES JOSE ARMANDO Bride: SPRIGGS KAYLEE ANN