A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 30, 2013 - Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the page C-3 story "Wranglers beat depleted Wind River boys 61-53" should have said Shoshoni's win snapped a ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In Sunday's Ranger, the page C-3 story "Wranglers beat depleted Wind River boys 61-53" should have said Shoshoni's win snapped a nine-year losing streak against Wind River. The Wranglers last beat Wind River in February 2004.
In Sunday's Ranger, the page one story "Superintendent bill passes; late amendment tough on Hill" about Senate File 104 removing most executive powers from the Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction, reported on a late amendment to the legislation. The bill was amended shortly before passage to include a provision calling for the superintendent to be moved to an office -- meaning a work space -- separate from the premises of the Wyoming Department of Education "immediately."
The language of the amendment does not call specifically for a police escort from the building, although eyewitnesses Friday afternoon said a law enforcement detail was sent to the superintendent's office to accomplish that task if necessary. The police escort did not take place Friday because the legislation had not yet been signed by the governor.
Thomas E. Avery, 85, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Jan. 29, at his home after a battle with cancer. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, at Davis Funeral Home, with the Rev. Ron Clapp officiating. A viewing will be 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday. Cremation will take place after the service.
Cowboy Poetry Gathering, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Little Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
First Friday Scotch Sipping is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Miner's Delight Inn B&B, Atlantic City. Cost is $40. For more information, call 332-0248.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Juanita Brokenleg, 36, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Kincaid Duran, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officers were responding to reports of indecent exposure.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Ashlee Bojaj, 28, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Timothy Kenyon, 22, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Tyler Wolfley, 19, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. According to reports, he turned himself in at about 2:40 a.m. Wednesday to the Fremont County Detention Center.
Jan. 10 to Jan. 23
- Grantor: RIVERTON CITY OF, CITY OF RIVERTON Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 36 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Quarter: SWNE Section: 36 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: B&B AGGREGARES SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP, DALE CONNIE
- Grantor: DALE CONNIE Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 36 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Quarter: NWSE Section: 36 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: RIVERTON CITY OF, CITY OF RIVERTON
- Grantor: PALACE PHARMACY INC Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 13 Block: 18 ..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 14 Block: 18 ... Grantee: PALLADINO/BARRETT LLC
- Grantor: VARN INVESTMENTS LLC, MCBRATNEY WARREN S TRUSTEE, MCBRATNEY JOANNE W IRREVOCABLE FAMILY TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 7 City: RIVER... Grantee: MCBRATNEY WARREN S TRUSTEE, MCBRATNEY JOANNE W IRREVOCABLE FAMILY TRUST
- Grantor: COLLISTER L ALICE , COLLISTER WILLIAM B, COLLISTER BUCHTEL, ... Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 26 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Quarter: NESE Section: 26 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Quarter: SWSW Section: 4 Township: 33N Range: 99W , ... Grantee: LAS COLINAS MINERALS LP Notes: SPECIAL WD, ASSIGN, BILL OF SALE & CONVEYANCE, LEASEHOLD INTERESTS, EXISTING OIL AND GAS LEASES, MINERAL...
- Grantor: PETERSON JOANNE L TRUSTEE, CAMPBELL WT TRUSTEE, CAMPBELL RODGER A TRUSTEE, ... Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 21 Township: 43N Range: 109W , Quarter: SWSW Section: 21 Township: 43N Range: 109W Grantee: CAMPBELL MARY L
- Groom: BOWEN WILLIAM FRANKLIN Bride: HARRIS SHARRAYAH MARRE
- Groom: CONNALLY WESLEY WAYNE Bride: CONNALLY ELIZABETH JANE
- Groom: STEPETIN TIMOTHY LEE Bride: REDFIELD AMELIA MARIE
- Groom: BROWN BEN EARL Bride: CORTES CONSTANCIA SUE
- Groom: DENNIS DANIEL DUANE Bride: ABOLD CRYSTAL REANNE
- Groom: DALLIN KERRY LYNN Bride: PITT CHARLENE MARIE
- Groom: WHITMORE RICKY LEE Bride: HARRIS VALERIE ANNEE
- Groom: YELLOWPLUME TERRANCE JAMES Bride: ANTELOPE NICHOLE LYNNE
- Groom: DURAN JOHN FRANCIS Bride: FRIDAY SHANELLE NICOLEE
- Groom: TIDZUMP FREDERICK ANTHONY Bride: FOURSOULS EVELYN FRANCESE
- Groom: BECK KEITH MANDEL Bride: MILLS REBEKAH LINNE
- Groom: MILLS MARIO M Bride: ELDER COURTNIE RAEE
- Groom: WEITZEL RODGER LOUIS Bride: RICHARDSON THERESA MARIEE
- Groom: GONZALEZ ROBERT NMN Bride: HANSER MICKI SHELDONE
- Groom: LARKEY JEREMY THOMAS Bride: DURAN TAYLOR LORRAINEE
- Groom: DIETZ JEROME MAX Bride: MARCANO DE PRINGLE LUISA MERCEDESE
- Groom: STARKEY TUCKER JAMES Bride: MILLER LAURAELLEN VAUGHNE
- Groom: EAGLE CLEMENT CLINTON JR Bride: HOOF KIMBERLY SUEE
- Groom: WHITEMAN DANCING KING NMN Bride: POSEY KRYSTAL DENISEE
- Groom: HANSON CAMERIN LEE Bride: HANSON JERICA ANN