News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Mar 6, 2012 - Staff
Francis C. Goggles, 36, died Friday, March 2, 2012, at his home on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 7, at Blue Sky Hall at Ethete. Interment will be in the Friday Cemetery. An evening service is from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, with a wake to follow at the home of his parents, Patrick and Charlotte Goggles, No. 505 Blue Sky Highway, Ethete.
A celebration of life for Micheal E. Huff, 42, of Pavillion, was Tuesday, March 6, at the Pavillion Recreation Center, with lunch following. Mr. Huff died Wednesday, Feb. 29.
Lloyd A. "Sonny" Jenkins, 60, died Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012. Funeral mass was Tuesday, March 6, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Burial followed at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery at St. Stephen's. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Allorah Dannon Jorgenson was born and died Sunday, March 4, 2012, at the Lander Regional Hospital. She was the daughter of Kenneth Jorgenson and Roylene Shoyo. Traditional services were conducted by Johnson and LaVonne Rhoanhorse and Arvin Jorgenson. Burial was at the Sacajawea Cemetery at Fort Washakie.
Riverton City Council Meeting is 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar" in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Police at 8:53 p.m. on Friday arrested Mark Reese, 49, of Riverton, for a municipal court warrant. The arrest occurred in the 100 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Darrin Durtsche, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) at 11:12 p.m. on Friday in the 1000 block of West Main Street.
- At 1:36 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a car crash in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Subsequently, Matthew Twobulls, 35, of Billings, Mont., was arrested for driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license and duty to stop at an accident scene.
- At 5:13 p.m. on Saturday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard, police arrested Phoebe Soundingsides, 26, of Riverton, on a warrant for probation revocation.
- Police arrested Rosetta Hutchinson, 34, of Ethete, on a warrant for probation revocation. The arrest happened at 1:10 a.m. on Sunday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Burgess Poorbear, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal court warrants at 12:44 p.m. on Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Tiara Crawford, 21, of Ethete, was arrested at 9:06 p.m. on Monday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue for municipal court warrants.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Louis V. Montoya Jr., 23, of Dubois, was arrested for DUI.
- Sarah Evans, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for vandalism, resisting arrest, interference and probation revocation.
- Robert Haddenham, 68, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 66 calls for service and firefighters were dispatched 10 times.
- Fremont County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call concerning a suspected drunken driver in the early hours of Saturday in Dubois. Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said Louis V. Montoya Jr., 23, of Dubois, was arrested for suspicion of DUI after he allegedly was driving a 2001 Chevrolet pickup truck and collided with a tree in the 400 block of Hawley's Lane in Dubois at 3:09 a.m. on March 3.
Lee said members of the Dubois Fire Department responded to the incident and were able to remove Montoya and the two other occupants of the vehicle. The passengers were reportedly a 22-year-old man and 25-year-old woman both of Dubois. The conditions of the two are unknown, Lee said.
Deputy sheriff Mike Miller arrested Montoya after he failed field sobriety maneuvers. He was taken to the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- The Sheriff's Office also reported a man and woman who were stranded on Green Mountain Road Saturday afternoon after their vehicle broke down.
According to dispatch records, the call came in at 2:06 p.m. on March 3 from the Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office. The couple walked down the mountain and into a cabin and called for help. A Fremont County deputy sheriff responded and gave the two a ride into town.
- At 2:20 p.m. on Sunday, Teton County Search and Rescue requested assistance from the Fremont County team in locating three overdue snowmobilers in Moccasin Basin near Dubois.
Lee said the subjects were located in Teton County by Teton County Sheriff's Office about 45 minutes after they called Fremont County and asked for assistance.