Feb 7, 2013 - StaffCorrections
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page 12 story "Balloon in the breeze"R00;should have said Cloud Kisser II was giving tethered rides Saturday in Riverton's City Park during the Wild West Winter Carnival. The balloon was misidentified in the story.
A daughter was born to Courtney and Eric Heishman, of Conway, Ark., at 11:01 a.m. Jan. 26., 2013. She weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces. The maternal grandparents are Tracy and Craig Blumenshine of Riverton.
A son was born to Autumn and Wesley Johnston, of Riverton, at 1:06 a.m. Jan, 5, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
Harry F. Cutshaw, 80, of rural Lander, died Thursday, Feb. 7, at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Davis Funeral Home.
Arlie G. Howard, 91, formerly of Fremont County, died Sunday, Jan. 13, at the William R. Courtney Veterans Home in Temple, Texas. Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service is pending.
Marian Sjostrom, 84, died Monday, Feb. 4, in Lander. A memorial service will be in the summer on the Diamond H Ranch.
Ducks Unlimited is 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Fremont Center, at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. For more information, call Jeremy Christensen at 851-1425.
Second Saturday Scotch Sampling at Six at 7,600 Feet is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Miner's Delight Inn Bed & Breakfast, Atlantic City. Event is $25. For more information, call 332-0248 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valentine's Affair Fundraiser is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St., Lander. Join us for a classy evening of heavy appetizers, music, drinks, silent auction bidding and chocolate tasting.
Gala, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Bar 10, 144 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton.
Theater Showcase is 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 7 to Feb. 9 in the dance studio at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. CWC theater students will display their talents by directing, acting and designing short theater pieces.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Juliann Jaber from Daniel T. Jaber.
Van L. Johnson from Francine M. Johnson. Wife's former name of Lanier restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports for Wednesday:
- Aloysius C'Hair, 42, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .46 at about 12:15 a.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Adam Lujan, 30, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .11 at about 1 a.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of East Lincoln Avenue. With him was Howard Lujan, 25, of St. Stephen's, who was arrested for possession of marijuana; Drew Blackburn, 26, of Arapahoe, who was arrested for breach of peace, and Mona Blackburn, 52, of Riverton, who was arrested on two Fremont County warrants.
- James McKeown, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 6:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Fourth Street West.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Theodore Goggles, 71, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Christopher Webb, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a failure-to-appear warrant at about 10:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Third Street West.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- Grantor: CHAVEZ ISAAC JAMES JR Grantee: YELLOWPLUME ALTA MARTHA
- Grantor: ADDISON ASHLEY ALOYSIUS SR Grantee: FELTER MELANIE JEAN
- Grantor: WILLEY CHIEF NMN Grantee: BLACK BEAR REGINA FAE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.