News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Feb 8, 2013 - Staff
In Thursday's Ranger, the cutline for the photo accompanying the page one story "Fire closes school for the day" should have said firefighter Blake Hays entered the east entrance to Riverton High School after students had been evacuated.
A daughter was born to Aimee Collins and John Kemp, of Lander, at 5:37 a.m. Dec. 21, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jamey L. and Tomi J. Kirkland, of Riverton, on Feb. 5, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She was 8.1 pounds. The grandparents are Ron and Brenda Kirkland, of Riverton, and Jackie Delatour and Bill Skavdahl, of Harrison, Neb.
Nadine R. Howell, 57, of Las Vegas, died Saturday, Feb. 2. A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the outreach center on North Eighth Street West in Riverton.
Carroll A. Riggs, 101, of Riverton, died Dec. 28, 2012. Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11, at the United Methodist Church in Riverton with Pastor Mark Thurman officiating.
Fremont County Historical Society Meeting is at 1 p.m. at Hudson Hall. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish and table service. For more information, call 332-9499.
Pie and Ice Cream Social is 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym, 220 N. Seventh St. E., Riverton. There will be homemade ice cream and many kinds of pies. A live auction will take place for the best pies. Cookies, candy jars and other items will be sold during a silent auction. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for children aged 5 to 15 and free for children under 5. For more information, call 857-5710.
Robert Post Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander.
City Council Work Session is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Jay Dee Lynn Krause from Spencer William Krause. Joint custody of minor children.
Tonya D. Martin from James Martin Jr. Wife granted custody of minor children.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Laura Dresser, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- George Littlethunder, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of South 20th Street East in Riverton. According to reports, Littlethunder was intoxicated when he attempted to fight people in the area and break out car windows.
- John Patton, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 10:15 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Forest Drive in Riverton.
- Michael Truax, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace and contempt of court.
- Sam Willcox, 23, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 9 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of South First Street in Lander.
In Riverton Police Department reports for Thursday:
- Christopher SunRhodes, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication just after midnight Thursday. With him was Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Riverton, who also was arrested for public intoxication.
- Other arrest records were not available by press time.
- Grantor: NATIONAL RESIDENTIAL NOMINEE SERVICES INC Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 39 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 40 City: DUBOIS Grantee: LOSEKE DONN G, LOSEKE CATHY A Notes: SPECIAL CORPORATE WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: OWEN CATHERINE LYNNE Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 13 Block: 92 City: ... Grantee: PADILLA ANTONIO J, PADILLA AMANDA J
- Grantor: SEELY THEODORE H TRUSTEE, SEELY THEODORE H REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Section: 5 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 5 Grantee: SEELY THEODORE H TRUSTEE, SEELY THEODORE H REVOCABLE TRUST