Feb 12, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Harry F. Cutshaw, 80, died Thursday, Feb. 7, at his home in Lander. At his request, no services will be held.
Billie Jean Dillon, 70, died Friday, Jan. 8, surrounded by her siblings. Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at the Haskell Funeral Home in Lovell. Burial will be in the Lovell Cemetery.
Dorothy A. Hogan, 69, died Saturday, Feb. 9, at her home in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Scott Jorgenson officiating. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. A visitation will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, at Davis Funeral Home.
BLM Public Meeting is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Wind River Conference Room at the Best Western, 260 Grand View Drive, Lander. For more information, call BLM Project Manager Chris Krassin at 332-8400.
RC Fly-In, part of the Wild West Winter Carnival, is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Riverton Middle School gym, 840 Major Ave., Riverton.
BLM Public Meeting is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Taggarts Conference Room at the Holiday Inn, 900 East Sunset Drive, Riverton. For more information, call BLM Project Manager Chris Krassin at 332-8400.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Ronald Benally, 41, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:15 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- James Sandt, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 5 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Wanda Harris, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for felony driving under the influence and driving under suspension at about 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 7:45 p.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Dana Eagle, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Kenny Ariks, 27, of Kingston, Tenn., was arrested for probation revocation at about 8 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Vernon Brown, 53, of Arapahoe, was arrested for contempt of court at about 8:15 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- William Edwards, 50, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence early Tuesday.
- During the past week, the RPD has arrested six subjects in three different incidents for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver. Two subjects were arrested during each of the three incidents. All are felony level arrests and still are under investigation.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Jennifer Clark, 29, of Casper, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 11100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton near Bryant Road.
- James Hogan, 45, of Casper, was arrested for possession of stolen property.
- A 17-year-old girl was arrested for domestic violence against her mother at about 8:50 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of West Pavillion Road in Pavillion.
- Joshua Rosenberger, 25, of Riverton, was cited for no insurance and driving on a suspended license at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Goes In Lodge Road. According to reports, deputies were called to the scene to respond to a traffic collision. Rosenberger reportedly had driven his vehicle off of the roadway after encountering slick conditions. Officials said Rosenberger and his 1-year-old passenger were not injured.
- James M. Morgan Jr., 45, of Casper, was arrested for possession of stolen property at about 1:35 p.m. Sunday near the 789 Smokeshop south of Riverton. He reportedly was found in possession of a 1989 Dodge Durango that had been reported stolen from the Rawlins area; Carbon County authorities will pursue charges. Reports state that Wind River Police Department officers located Hogan in the vehicle at the 789 Smokeshop.
- Deputies arrested a suspect at about 5 p.m. Friday in Lander whose identity may not be released under Wyoming State Statute. Officials cited W.S.S. 6-2-319(a), which prohibits the release of information in a sexual assault investigation. The call is listed as a warrant arrest in the 100 block of North Sixth Street in Lander.
- Deputies assisted the Wind River Police Department at about 6 p.m. Saturday with a reported head-on collision on Wyoming Highway 789 near the Wind River Casino south of Riverton. Twelve firefighters from the Riverton Volunteer Fire Department also responded; officials said no extrication was necessary. Reports state an American Indian was involved in the crash. Witnesses said the incident involved two trucks, one of which was traveling without its headlights on. A child was a passenger in one of the vehicles but did not suffer serious injuries.
In early afternoon trading, the Dow Jones Industrial average was up 43.96 points, or 0.31 percent, to 14,015.20.
The Nasdaq composite index read 3,186.66, down 5.34 points or 0.17 percent.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 2.11 points or 0.14 percent, to 1,519.12.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.