News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Feb 19, 2013 - Staff
Signe Aspinwall, 74, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, at her home. Services are pending under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Sara Elizabeth Cross, 30, died Saturday, Feb. 16, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at St. John Lutheran Church, with Pastor Scott Jorgenson officiating. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Viewing will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, at Davis Funeral Home.
Ida E. (Jones) Friesen, 92, died Saturday, Jan. 12, at the Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital in Glasgow, Mont. A memorial service will be Friday, June 14. Interment will be in the Nashua Cemetery in Nashua, Mont.
Wesley Quiver Sr., 56, died Saturday, Feb. 16, at home following a lengthy illness. Funeral services were at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete with Bishop Kenner officiating. Interment will be in Yellow Calf Cemetery at Ethete with military rites.
Philip D. Wempen, 65, of Oklahoma City, died Saturday, Feb. 16, in Oklahoma City. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at Davis Funeral Home.
Wind River Performance Horse Club Meeting is at 6 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 in the main hall of Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Former and current Central Wyoming College accounting and income tax students provide free help preparing 2012 taxes to taxpayers that cannot afford professional assistance. For more information, call 855-2149.
Bookies Book Club is at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizen's Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander.
Chamber Social is 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Wind River Heritage Museum, 1075 S. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Free food and drinks will be provided. Event is free and open to the public.
Business After Hours is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Dr. Stephen Hickner's office, 8160 Highway 789, Lander. Everyone is welcome to¬ attend, enjoy refreshments and visit/network with fellow business owners, friends and neighbors.
Stepping Forward Reception is at 6 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The art show features the work of graduating students.
Humanitarian Book Club is at 7 p.m. in the children's theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Discussion is limited to 20 participants. The group will discuss "Two-Part Invention" by Madeleine L'Engle.
Michael D. Band is at Bar Ten, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Friday through Tuesday morning:
- Dominic Arthur, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10 a.m. Friday at the City Park bandshell.
- Willow Wilson, 22, of Ethete, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Marion Killsenemy, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault at about 12:40 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Benjamin Soundingsides, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .13 at about 5 a.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of West Main Street.
- Johanne Boyd, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangering at about 5:40 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- Donna Antelope, 55, of Riverton, was arrested for assault and child endangering at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue. Reports state she recorded a blood-alcohol content of .33.
- Houston Headley, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested for assault at about 7:30 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of South Sixth Street East.
- Tawsha Jenkins, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for theft of property early Tuesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Friday through Tuesday morning:
- Rachel Jenkins, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:20 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Bridger Drive with U.S. Highway 26 west of Riverton.
- Jesse Milleson, 23, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 10:20 p.m. Saturday near Dubois Town Park.
- Chad Gee, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license at about 2:40 a.m. Sunday on North Smith Road in Riverton.
- Ryan Beron, 24, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence and head lamps at about 8:25 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of North First Street in Dubois.
- Cleone Guina, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:20 a.m. Tuesday at Walmart.
- Douglas Johnson, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for revocation of probation.
Roger Wagon, 18, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for minor in possession, use of a controlled substance and interference with police at about 8:15 p.m. Friday at Wind River High School. According to reports, Wagon and a 17-year-old Ethete boy both were cited for possession of marijuana and minor under the influence of alcohol. They reportedly were at a high school basketball game when they were found to be intoxicated. Officers said the vehicle the suspects had arrived in contained a half-gallon of whiskey and a marijuana-smoking bong.
Marcus Sather, 19, of Fort Washakie, also was found to be intoxicated at the high school basketball game. He was cited for minor under the influence of alcohol and taken to the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center at about 8:15 p.m.
Richard Sylvestre, 46, of Dubois, was arrested for domestic violence simple assault on Sunday afternoon after reportedly calling police to say he was being chased by another vehicle operated by a female acquaintance. The report came in at about 2:15 p.m. Sunday from Rendezvous Road south of town. After investigating the incident, deputies said Sylvestre allegedly had been in a physical altercation with the woman earlier that morning. Later in the day, Sylvestre and the woman reportedly were driving separate vehicles south of Riverton when they met along the highway. According to reports, the woman began to follow after Sylvestre's vehicle --¬ a red F350 pickup truck --¬ and at some point she passed Sylvestre's vehicle. Sylvestre reportedly rammed into the back of the woman's vehicle --¬ a red Buick --¬ in an effort to "nudge her forward" so he could make a turn and get away. According to reports, the woman was travelling around 30 mph when the collision occurred. Sylvestre then drove ahead of the female, and she reportedly followed him into town where they met with deputies regarding both incidents. No injuries were reported. In initial reports, Sylvestre said he had broken up with the woman earlier that morning.