A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Feb 21, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Teal Makowski and Ed Simcox, of Riverton, at 4:51 p.m. Dec. 20, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Teal Makowski and Ed Simcox, of Riverton, at 4:51 p.m. Dec. 20, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kristina Redman and Daniel Smith, of Ethete, at 5:25 a.m. Dec. 13, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces.
A son was born to Allison and Tyrone Tarness, of Crowheart, at 8:30 a.m. Dec. 23, 2012, at home in Crowheart. He weighed 6 pounds, 1 ounce.
A son was born to Desirae Price and Fabian Tarness, of Lander, at 1:54 a.m. Dec. 29, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
Johnathan Boyd Jr., 44, died Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Lander Regional Hospital after a sudden illness. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Evening services and a wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22. Interment will be in the Mission Cemetery in Ethete.
Darwin J. Brown, 44, of Denver, died Sunday, Feb. 17. Services are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Hermann Fischer died Friday, Feb. 15. At his request there will be no services. He is survived by his wife, Andrea, his brother, Gerhardt, and his sister, Hennelore.
Herbert "Herb" Lehman, 84, of Riverton, died Thursday, Feb. 21, at his home. Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 25, at the United Methodist Church with the Rev. Mark Thurman officiating. Services are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Alfred "Oscar" Redman Jr., 37, died Sunday, Feb. 17, at the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City. Rosary and prayer service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, at the Elk Redman Complex. The wake will follow at the Alfred Redman residence, 445 Ethete Road. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 22, at the Elk Redman Complex with Catholic clergy officiating.
Mardi Gras Masked Ball is at 6 p.m. at the National Guard Armory, Riverton. Cost is $50. All proceeds benefit Child Development Services of Fremont County. For more information, call CDS at 856-4337.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Brian Bell, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday in the City Park bandshell.
- Rowena Elliott, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for failure to appear at about 3:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- William Cashen, 43, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9 p.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Stephen Dickinson, 32, of Shoshoni, was arrested for probation violation at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Grantor: HAMILTON SAMANTHA Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 19 City: RIVER..., Grantee: PALMER CHARLES A
- Groom: SCHILLING CODY JOHN Bride: BAKER KAYLAN NICOLE
- Groom: POMPA VICTOR FELIX Bride: MCCARTY NANETTE
- Groom: SKINNER CARLOS AURELIO Bride: ROBERTSON TAMARA KATHLEEN