A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Feb 26, 2013 - Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the page C-1 photo cutline with "Miller takes 3-A mat title at 145 pounds for LVHS" should have said Riverton's ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In Sunday's Ranger, the page C-1 photo cutline with "Miller takes 3-A mat title at 145 pounds for LVHS" should have said Riverton's T.J. Galey lost a 1-0 decision to Taylor Bigelow of Gillette.
Chris Proctor Concert and School Presentation is at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois.
Circle of Care, a monthly support group for current and past caregivers, is at 11 a.m. at Amedisys Home Health and Hospice Office, 514 E. Pershing Ave., Suite C, Riverton. Lunch will be provided, and respite care is available. For more information, call Ronda Hatfield at 856-4127.
Hot Topics: Marriage Equality, hosted by the CWC Diversity Committee, is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 in the main hall of Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. For more information, call 855-2149.
Wyoming State Winter Fair Trade Show is Feb. 28 to March 2 at the Bob Carey Memorial Fieldhouse, Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. For more information, call Marlene at 332-4022 or Koni at 332-2437.
Jim Ratz Memorial Scholarship Dinner is 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at The Middle Fork, 351 Main St., Lander. Tickets are $40 for adults and $35 for children under 12 years of age. Tickets are available for sale at The Middle Fork and Wild Iris Mountain Sports.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday through Monday:
- Stephen Eagle, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for conspiracy to commit burglary based on a Riverton Police Department case. The arrest was made at about 12:20 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Traye Hays, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation.
- Trent Wurdeman, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no insurance at about 8:20 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Wyoming Highway 789 and Missouri Valley Road.
- Charles Black, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license at about 11 p.m. Monday on Webbwood Road near Federal Boulevard.
- David Dobson, 50, of Dubois, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Darrel Kelly, 18, of Riverton, was cited for speed too fast for conditions and failure to wear a seatbelt after a traffic collision at about 2:15 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of 8 Mile Road west of Riverton. According to reports, Kelly was driving his 1995 Eagle Summit north on 8 Mile Road when he crested a hill near the intersection of Blue Shale Road. At the same time, officials said, 51-year-old Rhonda Mclean of Riverton had just finished checking her mail box and was turning across 8 Mile Road onto Blue Shale Road in her 2009 Dodge Sedan. Mclean reportedly did not see the approaching vehicle due to the hill and due to Kelly's allegedly excessive speed, and officials said Kelly's vehicle struck the passenger side of Mclean's sedan. Reports state both drivers were taken by ambulance to Riverton Memorial Hospital to be treated for non life-threatening injuries. Initial reports state Kelly suffered a "gash on the forehead" while Mclean complained of arm, back and rib pain. She reportedly was wearing her seatbelt at the time of the collision.
- Deputies responded to reports that children were shooting guns at Bureau of Land Management signs at about 11:50 a.m. Friday at the Dubois dump. The responding deputy said he found people doing some shooting in the area, but they reportedly were not destroying any signs.
- A resident in the 100 block of Lost Wells Butte Drive north of Riverton called deputies at about 3:15 p.m. Friday to report his vehicle stolen. According to reports, deputies located the vehicle on the man's property.
"(He) had forgotten where he had parked the vehicle," Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said. "It was not stolen."
- A resident was cited for dog at large and vicious animal after an incident at about 3 p.m. Saturday on Snowberry Lane north of Riverton. According to reports, a deputy deployed a Taser on an allegedly vicious pit bull dog that aggressively attempted to attack the officer in the area. The dog was not injured.
- Adam Bumstead, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 9500 block of U.S. Highway 20 north of Shoshoni. According to reports, Bumstead was involved in a collision with a tractor-trailer combination. The incident was investigated by the Wyoming Highway Patrol, but deputies reportedly accompanied Bumstead to Riverton Memorial Hospital for further investigation. At the hospital, Bumstead reportedly was found to be under the influence of alcohol. After his evaluation, he was released from RMH and placed under arrest; blood results are pending. Initial reports state Bumstead crossed the center line and hit the rear wheels of the tractor-trailer combination. The truck driver reportedly was uninjured, and neither vehicle was blocking the road, according to reports. Further information was unavailable Tuesday from the WHP.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday through Monday:
- James Baker, 20, of Gillette, was arrested on a probation and parole warrant at about 12:50 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Charles Geboe, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 5:45 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Dakotah Crawford, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, fleeing, resisting arrest, driving while suspended, duty to stop for accident, stop sign violation, reckless driving and no valid driver's license at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday on Comanche Court in Riverton. According to reports, Crawford drove into a chain link fence in the 600 block of South Smith Road, damaging a sliding gate and about 20 feet of fencing.
- Deann Wanstall, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for resisting arrest and shoplifting at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.
- Cody Armajo, 26, of Ethete, was arrested for breach of peace at about 12:20 a.m. Friday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Jeremicah Mills, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 10:20 p.m. Friday in the 1800 block of West Main Street.
- Alejandro Mendez-Dario, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Stephen Headley, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 2:40 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue. Also arrested was Kelly Means, 21, of Riverton, on a municipal warrant.
- Sherrie Niemeier, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for assault and violation of a protection order at about 12:50 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue. Also arrested was James Bias, 48, of Riverton, for assault and violation of a protection order. Officers were responding to reports of domestic abuse.
- Brian Bell, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday on the bike path near East Park Avenue.
- Camille Goodman, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:40 p.m. Sunday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Jerald Friday, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault at about 11:50 a.m. Monday on West Washington Avenue. Also arrested was Michael Anderson, 33, of Riverton, for public intoxication.
- Sylvia Sanjavier, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant at about 12:20 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of South 13th Street East.
- Marcus Brown, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:10 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- The following people were issued misdemeanor citations and released with their promise to appear in court at a later date: A 20-year-old Riverton man who was arrested for underage possession of alcohol at about 2:40 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of South Broadway Avenue; nine people who were arrested for underage or minor in possession of alcohol at about 1 a.m. Sunday at Central Wyoming College including a 17-year-old Riverton girl, two 20-year-old Riverton men, an 18-year-old Pavillion man, a 19-year-old Riverton woman, a 19-year-old Lander man, an 18-year-old Riverton man, a 19-year-old Dubois man and an 18-year-old Riverton woman; a 15-year-old Riverton boy who was cited for breach of peace at about 2 p.m. Feb. 13 at Riverton High School; and a 16-year-old Riverton boy who was cited for possession of tobacco by a minor at about 3:50 p.m. Thursday at Riverton High School.