TodayFeb 27, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Skyla Brown, of Riverton, and Charlie O'Neal, of Fort Washakie, at 6:46 a.m. Jan. 25, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Amber Aoah and Christopher Posey Jr., of Fort Washakie, at 5:31 a.m. Jan. 17, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 5.7 ounces.
Chantel Angelina Bowen-Sanchez, 40, of Lander, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at her home. Visitation will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home. The family will have a memorial service at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 1, in Trinity Episcopal Church in Lander.
County Attorney Swearing In Ceremony is at 10 a.m. in the Fremont County Commissioner's Chambers in the Fremont County Courthouse, 450 N. Second St., Lander. A reception will follow.
Fish Fry Dinner, served by the Knights of Columbus, is at 6 p.m. in Boeseke Hall at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 163 Leedy Drive, Lander. Dinner is $8, which buys fish, fries, vegetable, dessert and drink.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Anthony J. Arndt from Laurie M. Arndt.
Kristin Baird from Kyle J. Baird. Wife's former name of Bosteels restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Delmer Duran, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 11 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Michael Poll, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .18 at about 7 a.m. Wednesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Joseph Slawiak, 24, of Dubois, was arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle and property destruction at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday on Ramshorn Street in Dubois.
The incident began at about 1:50 a.m. Wednesday when deputies were summoned to the Outlaw Saloon in the 200 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois. According to reports, a man named Joe was attempting to gain entry into the bar as employees were closing the business for the evening.
"Two employees were still inside the establishment and had called 911 to report the incident," Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said in a press release.
Initial reports state the intoxicated subject was banging on the front door with his shoulder and had broken into the back door of the building. When deputies arrived on scene, however, the subject had reportedly left the area headed west in the bartender's blue 2002 Ford Taurus.
At about 2:20 a.m., a man in the 100 block of Barber Street called law enforcement to report that his camper trailer and shed had been struck by the Taurus, but again the suspect had fled the area. About 10 minutes later, deputies said they located a highly intoxicated man matching the subject's description walking down Ramshorn Street. He reportedly was identified as Slawiak, and two witnesses confirmed that he was the person responsible for the theft of the Taurus and the attempted entry into the Outlaw Saloon. Slawiak was detained, and further investigation is pending as well as additional charges.
- Grantor: FJETLAND MICHAEL D Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 28 Township: 42N Range: 108W Grantee: HAMILTON TERRY D , HAMILTON CYNTHIA S, LINDEN MICHAEL R
- Grantor: TALBOTT SANDRA S, TALBOTT PATRICK E Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 2 Township: 1N Range: 2E , Section: 3 Township: 1N Range: 2E Lot: 7 , Section: 3 Township: 1N Range: 2E Lot: 8 , ... Grantee: RINEHART MICHAEL D, RINEHART TERESA D
- Grantor: COLTON CRAIG TRUSTEE, COLTON CRAIG FAMILY TRUST, COLTON MILO JET IRREVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: FLYING FROG ESTATES MI Lot: 3 City: MISCELLA... Grantee: FRACTURED FAIRYTALES LLC
- Groom: SHAKESPEARE GREGORY WESLEY Bride: JAUREGUI EUTANA ROSE
- Groom: MAYO ROBERT ANDERSON 3RD Bride: BULOW MARYBETH IVY
- Groom: CARDENAS DANIEL CONSTATINO JR Bride: CARDENAS VALAIRA ANN
- Groom: ROBERTS JOHNNY JUMAR Bride: WARREN THERESE GERMAINE