News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Mar 1, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Megan Soule, of Nashville, Tenn., and Joshua Soule, of Hudson, at 8:06 a.m. Feb. 7, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Ambrosia Antelope, of Ethete, and Julian Spoonhunter, of Arapahoe, at 9:16 a.m. Jan. 19, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Rocky Cruz, 55, of Riverton, died Thursday, Feb. 28, after a lengthy illness. Per his request, there will be no services.
"8" is at 2:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Admission is free. With support from the CWC Diversity Committee, the theater department plans to present a staged reading of the new critically acclaimed play by Dustin Lance Black that tackles the marriage equality debate.
Community Supper is at 5 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. For more information, call 455-2687.
Lander Community Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School auditorium, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Women of Ireland is an innovative and exciting, fully staged production featuring live Irish and Celtic music, world champion dancers and sensational performances from some of Ireland's finest female performers. Single concert performance tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for students at the door.
TiPS Training is 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Fremont County Prevention, 625 E. Madison Ave., Suite 2, Riverton. The free training is designed to help alcohol servers spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors, recognize signs of intoxication and effectively intervene to prevent problem situations. For more information or to register, contact Tauna at 349-4495 or email@example.com or Kelly at 349-3711 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College Lander Center, 427 Main St., Lander. Former and current Central Wyoming College accounting and income tax students provide free help preparing 2012 taxes to taxpayers that cannot afford professional assistance. For more information, call 855-2149.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Joseph W. Deromedi from Kristi K. Deromedi. Joint custody of minor children.
Blaine A. Dunlavy from Makayla P. Dunlavy. Joint custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Iden restored.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Joseph Martel, 57, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday on Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Randy Weber, 22, of Pavillion, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday at Walmart. With him was Kevin Brown, 22, of Fort Washakie, who also was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Grantor: GUSCHEWSKY CATHERINE LEE TRUSTEE, GUSCHEWSKY CATHERINE LEE LIVING TRUST Legal: Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: GUSCHEWSKY ARIN ELIZABETH
- Grantor: BURNETT MICHEAL J , BURNETT CRYSTAL J Legal: Sub/Mine: EIGHTH STREET SUB RI Lot: 2 City: RIVERTON Grantee: MATHEWS SANDRA J, LANGEVIN ROGER ARTHUR
- Grantor: HANSEN PHYLLIS APRIL Legal: Section: 30 Township: 3N Range: 2E Lot: 1 , Quarter: NWNW Section: 30 Township: 3N Range: 2E Grantee: NELSON FREDERICK E, NELSON COLLEEN J
- Groom: ORTIZ RYAN LOUIS Bride: RIDGLEY BENNIE SUE
- Groom: BRISSETTE TED ROBERT JR Bride: BRISSETTE KERRI ANN
- Groom: WITT WILLIAM CHARLES Bride: STANLEY PERRIANN G
- Groom: BIG MEDICINE DUSTIN VANCE SR Bride: ANTELOPE DENI LORANE