Mar 12, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Michelle (Locker) Mayo died at her home in Riverton on Friday, March 8, 2013.
Private family services will be held under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home.
Troy Ogden of Casper died on March 5, 2013, in Casper. Local services are pending.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 in the main hall of Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Former and current Central Wyoming College accounting and income tax students provide free help preparing 2012 taxes to taxpayers that cannot afford professional assistance. For more information, call 855-2149.
Rock-A-Cop is 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Family Education Festival is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Wind River Middle School. All middle school students and families are invited to come for pizza and a fun evening of family competition. Root beer floats will be awarded for completing the activities.
An Evening with the Arts is at 7 p.m. at Dubois High School, 314 Helmer St. The evening includes music by the CWC Concert Band, the Collegiate Chorale, a vocal jazz ensemble visual as well as short comedy sketches. Images of art projects by CWC arts students will also be available. Admission is free.
Perfect Easter Show: Archaeological Snapshots of Jesus' Life is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Kurt and Susanne Schafli will show pictures of their recent trip to Israel and Jordan. Event is free.
In Riverton Police reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Raymond LittleThunder, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault. With him was Stephanie Piper, 27, of Arapahoe, who was arrested for contempt of court.
- Eric Lopez, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 8:30 p.m. Friday in hte 900 block of Forest Drive.
- Russell Barrett, 51, of Stanley, N.D., was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Saben Bowlsby, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Jackson Avenue.
- Shaniece Headley, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence and eluding at about 3:50 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of West Main Street.
- Gary Clawson, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:45 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Chester Moss, 33, of St. Stephens, was arrested on warrants for failure to appear and contempt of court at about 6:50 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Michele Jenkins, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .28 at about 10 p.m. Sunday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Sarah Cousins-Brow, 57, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content .17 at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. With her was James Jenkins, 32, of St. Stephens, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Barry Lucas, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 10:15 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Henry Tillman, 51, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:50 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Aaron BigKnife, 19, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for interference at about 8:45 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Ardie LongSoldier, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 9:20 p.m. Monday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- David Moss, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for interference at about 9:45 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of North Forest Drive.
- Thomas Keele, 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:45 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of Spencer Street.
- RPD officials have received two reports during the past several days regarding a scam through which perpetrators call residents and claim to be from the Publishers Clearing House out of Billings, Mont. The suspects say that the victims have won money and ask for the victims' bank account numbers. The suspects then attempt to remove any money from the bank account. For more information or to report a scam call the RPD at 856-4891.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Andrew Brinig, 49, of Whitehall, Mont., was arrested for interference with police.
- John Goodman, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of North Smith Road.
- Clyde McLaughlin, 61, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation at about 8:40 a.m. Saturday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Nancy Osier, 41, of Pavillion, was arrested for breach of peace at about 4:15 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Zigzag Road in Pavillion. According to initial reports, she assaulted some people at a residence in the area, but no one was seriously injured.
- Trampes Rivers, 39, of Dubois, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 1:30 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of Mercantile Street in Dubois.
- Loretta SunRhodes, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for bond violation at about 12:05 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of South 20th Street East. According to reports, deputies were responding to reports that SunRhodes was intoxicated and "causing problems" at a residence in the area.
- Dustin Friday, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation.
- Nicole McCloud, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Crook County.
- Kimberly Moss, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 7:45 p.m. Monday in Lander.
- A burglary reported at 1 p.m. Friday in the 1700 block of North Smith Road was solved that same evening when two boys, ages 13 and 15, confessed to the crime. Officials said the boys led them to several of the stolen items, including a firearm. The boys reportedly live in the general area of the burglarized home. The property has been recovered, and officials said the case has been forwarded to the Fremont County Attorney's Office for prosecution.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.