Mar 14, 2013 - StaffBirths
Twin boys were born to Haseena Khan of Lander and Jhan Zeb of Lander at 7:25 a.m. and 7:53 a.m. Feb. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. They weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces, and 5 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Jaelynn Roanhorse of Ethete and Tremond Cerino of Fort Hall, Idaho, at 12:21 a.m. Feb. 26, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 2.9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kamee Schmuck of Riverton at 7:44 p.m. Feb. 25, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.
A daughter was born to Nicole and Jordan Barraza of Riverton at 1 p.m. Feb. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Danielle Stearns from Wyatt Stearns. Joint custody of minor child.
Terry Lynn Tatro from Ted M. Donaldson.
Christina Marie Walz from Casey Robert Walz. Wife granted custody of minor children.
Katherine Weiss from Daniel Weiss. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Black restored.
"Francesca da Rimini" is at 10 a.m. at Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Donations are $10 for adults, $5 for students.
Magic 101 Workshop is 10 a.m. to noon at the Lander Children's Museum, 465 Lincoln Ave., Lander. Admission is $20. Richard Hatch is conducting a hands-on workshop for children in grades 4-8. Space is limited and only 14 slots remain. Purchase tickets at the Lander Children's Museum.
Movie Matinee is at 11 a.m. at Acme Theatre, 312 E. Main St., Riverton. The movie is "Rise of the Guardians," and the event is free.
Geochaching Meeting and Dinner, organized by Wyoming Association of Geocachers, is at 5 p.m. at Tony's Pizza, 637 W. Main St., Lander. For more information, call Dylan Welsh at email@example.com.
Second Annual Rotary Shamrock Shindig is 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Inn at Lander, Best Western, 260 Grandview Drive, Lander. This is a fundraiser for the new Lander Community Center. Early bird tickets are $45, standard individual tickets are $50. Tickets include hors d'oeuvres, dinner, two tickets for wine and beer, one raffle ticket and entertainment.
St. Patrick's Day Festival is at 6 p.m. at the United Presbyterian Church, 1101 N. Broadway Ave., Riverton. Meal includes Irish beef stew, biscuits, honey butter, colcannon (mashed potatoes and cabbage) and bourbon glazed spice cake. Tickets are $5. For more information or to purchase tickets, call Lori Weber at 851-2352.
Cattle Baron's Ball is at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Tickets are $40. Proceeds from this event benefit the Tough Enough to Help Cancer Fund and Help for Health Van.
Classes on gardening and food production begin at 9 a.m. in the Intertribal Education Center at Central Wyoming College. Sessions will run until 4 p.m., with a locally sourced meal available at noon for $5 per plate.
In Riverton Police reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Benjamin Piper, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Anderson Antelope, 51, of Lander, was arrested on two warrants for contempt of court at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Charles Lamb, 59, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Derek Bagby, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard. Police were responding to reports of domestic abuse.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- William Armstrong, 47, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 12:10 a.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of Main Street in Lander.
- Joseph Brown, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:45 p.m. Wednesday on Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton.
- Debra Elkboy, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.