News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Mar 20, 2013 - Staff
James L. "Jim" Merrill , 75, of Lander died March 17, 2013, at Help For Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at United Baptist Church in Riverton. Visitation for friends and family will be held just before the service from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at United Baptist Church.
Elmer D Sorrel, 78, of Boulder Flat, died at his home on Monday, March 18, 2013. At his request, cremation has taken place and no service will be held. Arrangements are under Davis Funeral Home.
A son was born to Mona Lisa Ybarra of Riverton and Zachary Haynes of Louisville, Miss., at 11:21 a.m. March 8, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Melanie Vialpando and Dale Smith of Riverton at 8:08 a.m. Feb. 28, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Amy Durgin of Arapahoe and Corey Janis of Pine Ridge, S.D., at 8:43 a.m. March 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
A daughter was born to Katie O'Brien and Charles Roskowske of Riverton at 10:52 a.m. March 6, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 4 pounds, 14 ounces.
- Grantor: CADY FRANCIS LEE TRUSTEE, CADY FRANCIS LEE JR TRUSTEE, CADY FAMILY TRUST Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 19 Township: 2N Range: 6E Grantee: CADY FRANCIS LEE
- Grantor: WAGNER GREGORY H Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 11 Block: 78 City: L..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 12 Block: 78 City: L... Grantee: PACKER ROBERT C, PACKER NIKKI R
- Grantor: MELLENTHIN DEBBIE L Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 5 Block: 8 City: DU..., Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 6 Block: 8 City: DU... Grantee: MELLENTHIN DEBBIE L, SHIFLAR DANNY W
- Grantor: WILLIAMS WENDY WEST Legal: Sub/Mine: RED CANYON RETREAT SUB MI Lot: 82 City: MISCE... Grantee: WILLIAMS GREGG K
- Grantor: NEW JOHN L, NEW RETHA FOWLER Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 19 Township: 33n Range: 99w Grantee: NORRIS SUZANNE
- Grantor: ROSS SCOTT, ROSS CATHERINE Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER SLATE CREEK TRACTS SUB MI Lot: 12B Cit... Grantee: ROSS JERRALD SCOTT, ROSS CATHRINE Notes: TRACT 12B D
- Grantor: EDWARDS ANNA L, EDWARDS CHARLES L Legal: Sub/Mine: JUNIPER PARK ESTATES MI Lot: 8 City: MISCELLA... Grantee: EDWARDS CHARLES L CO-TRUSTEE, EDWARDS ANNA L CO TRUSTEE, EDWARDS CHARLES L & ANNA L TRUST
- Groom: MCADAMS CHRISTOPHER LEE Bride: BLACK MELANIE ROCHELLE
- Groom: LEE SHANE CALVIN Bride: LEE MISTY DAWN
- Groom: DOLOGAN IGOR NMN Bride: MORRIS VERONICA ELISA
Zumba Dance Party is at 6:30 p.m. at Ashgrove Gym, 510 N. First St., Riverton. Event is $3 and is for fourth- through eighth-graders.
In Riverton Police reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Julian Spoonhunter, 23, of Arapahoe, was arrested for interference, two warrants for failure to appear, no insurance, no driver's license and failure to stop at a red liht at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 2100 block of West Main Street. With him was Ambrosia Antelope, 21, of Ethete, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Katie Eagleroad, 31, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court at about 2:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Noble Glover, 49, of Lake Havasu, Ariz., was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation.