TodayMar 26, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Ashley Jackson and Bryce Sebring of Riverton at 7:03 a.m. March 19 at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 9.1 ounces.
A daughter was born to Michelle Yergen and Shayne Shepard of Pavillion at 8:44 p.m. March 13, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces.
Justin James Big Knife, 24, of Fort Washakie, died Friday, March 15, at his home. He was buried Thursday, March 21, at Sacajawea Cemetery.
Guy W. Forbis, 80, of Riverton, died Thursday, March 21, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. A memorial service with military honors will be in the spring of 2013.
Linda J. Shields Gotcher, 64, of Lander, died Tuesday, March 5, at Kindred Hospital in Denver surrounded by her loving family. Services are pending.
Crystal Johnson, 43, died Thursday, March 21, at the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City surrounded by family. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, April 1, at the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander.
Valerie J. Lawrence, 53, of Riverton, died Friday, March 22. Cremation has taken place, and private family services will be held. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Mary "Jeannie" (Robinette) Wilmoth, 84, a longtime Lander resident, died Wednesday, March 20, at Westward Heights Care Center. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 30, at the Trinity Episcopal Church, 860 S. Third St., Lander. Her wishes were to be cremated, and burial will take place in Buffalo at a later date.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
WGFD Public Meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave., Riverton. The meeting will address proposed big game and bird seasons.
WGFD Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at the Game and Fish Office, 260 Buena Vista Drive, Lander. The meeting will address proposed big game and bird seasons.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Ira R. "Butch" Ablard from Eugenia B. Ablard.
Eric A. Appiah from Wilhelmina Mensah.
Curtis Lee Collins from Norma Jean Collins. Wife's former name of Jensen restored.
Georgia A. Epperson from Peter T. Epperson
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Ashley Fisher, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:25 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Broadway Avenue.
- Cordell Washington, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 11 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Katera Jenkins, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for interference and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:40 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Wade Brown, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .15 at about 2:20 a.m. Sunday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Joshua Mclean, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10 a.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of Woodridge Drive.
- John Panighetti, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .09 at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Rosetta Hutchinson, 35, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:15 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Charles Williams, 51, of Casper, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container at about 9:30 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 20/26 near Moneta.
- Richard Skyberg, 53, of Havre, Mont., was arrested for driving under the influence.