A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Mar 29, 2013 - Staff
In Thursday's Ranger, the page seven community calendar item for an Easter egg hunt should have said the event is at 1 p.m. Saturday ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In Thursday's Ranger, the page seven community calendar item for an Easter egg hunt should have said the event is at 1 p.m. Saturday at Jaycee Park in Riverton. The time and location were incorrect.
Gloria I. Schoening, 62, of Delta Junction, Alaska, died Wednesday, March 27. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Walter "Bud" Skates, 91, of Riverton, died Thursday, March 28, at his home. Per his request, there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Erna Mae Stephensen, 81, a lifelong Lander resident, died Thursday, March 14, at Westward Heights Care Center with her sister Frances Patton and friend Marcia Suniga by her side. A memorial service will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27, in the conference rooms at the Inn at Lander. Internment at Mount Hope Cemetery has taken place.
Nathan D. Tyler, 75, of Riverton, died Thursday, March 28, at his home. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Easter Powwow is at 5 p.m. at Great Plains Hall, Arapahoe. Grand Entry is at 5 p.m.
Third Annual Veterans Welcome Home Day is at 11 a.m. at the REACH Foundation Club House, 622 N. Eighth St. W. The ceremonies will feature remarks by Gov. Matt Mead, Maj. Gen. Luke Reiner, the adjutant general of Wyoming, veterans commission chairman Pete Quinnell of Gillette and vice chairman Lee Alley, a Distinguished Service Cross recipient of the Vietnam War.
Tien Hsieh Concert is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School, 350 Baldwin Creek Road. The pianist has enjoyed a far-ranging career as a recitalist, concerto soloist and chamber musician.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Laura E. Milburn from Jason W. Milburn. Joint custody of minor children.
Velva Pereda from Jose Pereda.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
County offices were closed Friday; reports were not available.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Craig Posselli, 44, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Paul Johnson, 39, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence and a hit and run traffic accident at about 3:40 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Daniel Whitebird, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and probation violation at about 4:20 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of East Main Street.
- Ronald Brown, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Tomas Ybarra, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Kyle Schiefer, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for assault on a family member, assault, destruction of property, criminal entry, interference with an emergency call and violation of a protection order at about 10:50 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Spencer Street.
- A 46-year-old Riverton man was arrested for possession of marijuana at about 9:50 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Third Street East. Reports state he was issued a misdemeanor citation and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Grantor: FAIN E JOHN Legal: Sub/Mine: BLUE BIRD HILLS SUB MI Lot: 9 City: MISCELLAN..., Quarter: NWNW Section: 27 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: HUFF ANDREW F, HUFF RACHEL M
- Groom: DOLOGAN IGOR NMN Bride: MORRIS VERONICA ELISE Notes: CORRECTED BRIDE'S MIDDLE NAME
- Groom: LONG CANADA RAY Bride: LOZON ELIZABETH ANNA
- Groom: FRANK DAVID ROBERT Bride: CHRISTENSEN MICAH DANE
- Groom: SCHILLING CODY JOHN Bride: BAKER KAYLAN NICOLE