News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 4, 2013 - Staff
Mary Fabrizius, 89, of Riverton, died Thursday, April 4, at Wind River Health Care. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 10, at Davis Funeral Home. A viewing will be 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 10. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
The Rev. John Clark Herrington, 78, died Wednesday, April 3, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper after a period of declining health. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 6, at the Risen Son Southern Baptist Church in Thermopolis. Burial will follow at Monument Hill Cemetery. A visitation will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Mortimore Funeral Home.
Marjorie (Marge) Ricketts Reynick, 83, died Saturday, March 30, at Shepherd of the Valley in Casper after a lengthy battle with heart disease. Cremation has taken place, and memorial services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at Bustard's Funeral Home.
Gardening and Backyard Living Expo is at 9 a.m. at Lander Valley High School, 350 Baldwin Creek Road. For more information, call 332-3114.
Easter Craft and Business Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym, 220 N. Seventh St. E., Riverton.
Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction Cindy Hill Meeting is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. Hill will speak, and the event is open to the public.
4-H Community Carnival is at 5 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Event is open to the public and includes carnival games, good and entertainment.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Justin Bledsoe, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue in Riverton.
- Robin Blind, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 2:25 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center in Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Travis Glaze, 28, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation at about 3:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Delray Quiver, 35, of Ethete, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Alan Brown, 61, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North First Street.
- James Goggles, 48, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 10:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Cody Humphreys, 19, of Shoshoni, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) with intent to distribute at about 11:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of North Eighth Street West. With him was a 15-year-old Riverton boy who was cited for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and possession of a concealed weapon (brass knuckles). Police said the minor was cited and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A 16-year-old Riverton girl received a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Walmart. She was cited and released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- County firefighters responded Wednesday morning to a compressor station on fire on Sand Mesa Road north of Riverton.
Officials said the facility, which belongs to Encana Corporation, sustained minor damage in the blaze, which was under control by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
"It just needed to be cooled down," Fremont County Fire Protection District Chief Craig Haslam said Thursday. "(Crews) were only out there around an hour."
He said the energy producer's employees had been working on the compressor station when the small fire ignited at about 8:15 a.m. Wednesday. In initial reports, the structure was described as 6 to 8 feet long and 3 or 4 feet wide.
According to naturalgas.org, compressor stations ensure that natural gas flowing through any one pipeline remains pressurized. The natural gas enters the station and is compressed by either a turbine, motor or engine.
- Groom: TREBER CORY JAMES Bride: HANSON BRHE LYNN