A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 10, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Kara Cundall of Dubois at 8:08 a.m. March 18, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Kara Cundall of Dubois at 8:08 a.m. March 18, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 12.8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Erin Quiver and Lynn Brown Jr. of Lander at 11:34 a.m. March 27, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 6.9 ounces.
Camille Goodman, 30, of Riverton, died Sunday, April 7. A rosary and wake will be Thursday, April 11, at 1613 17 Mile Road. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, April 12, at St Stephen's Catholic Church.
Thomas Alvin Judson, 64, died Monday, April 8, in the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Cremation is under the direction of Schrader Funeral Home of Cheyenne, and a memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Monday, April 15, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. Anyone who knew him is welcome to attend.
Riverton DOESR00;Family Night is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 207 E. Main St., Riverton. Admission is $7 and includes an all you can eat taco and fajita bar.
Red Desert Exhibition Reception is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St. Event is free and open to the public.
"Hair" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Daniel Oldman, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Dixie Moore, 36, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence and careless driving just before 10 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Jeremy Heckert, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation at about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Phillip Chiles, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault/domestic battery and interference with an emergency call at about 4:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. Initial reports state he was intoxicated.
- Andrew Paxson, 33, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for larceny by bailee and felony possession of a controlled substance at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North Fourth Street in Lander.
- Aahron Surat, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a court order at about 9:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- Deputies assisted with at least two weather-related accidents on Tuesday after a winter storm dropped heavy snow on Fremont County.
Both incidents occurred in the morning, with the first reported at about 7:50 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Ridge and Baldwin Creek roads in Lander. The reporting party said he had slid into some mailboxes and knocked them over, damaging his white 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 in the process. The driver said he had moved his vehicle off of the road.
The second report came in at about 8:30 a.m. when a passing motorist called about a silver Toyota truck that was about 50 feet off the road on the west side of Wyoming Highway 789 halfway between Lander and Hudson. According to the witness, it looked like someone was still in the vehicle, but the person did not appear injured. Emergency medical personnel were not called to the scene.
- Grantor: WILLIAMS BIBE F Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #1 REPLAT MI Lot: 22B ... Grantee: WILLIAMS ERIN M
- Grantor: WARREN JD TREY III, WEINSTEIN SONJIA GWEN Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 1 Block: 75 C..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 2 Block: 75 C... Grantee: NAK PROPERTIES LLC
- Grantor: LONGHORN RANCH INC Legal: Half: W Section: 16 Township: 41N Range: 106W Grantee: DEAKINS INGELA SOFI, DEAKINS TREVER LEE Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Grantor: HACKLEMAN JANET L Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 27 Township: 1N Range: 3E , Quarter: NENW Section: 27 Township: 1N Range: 3E Grantee: URBIGKIT NICOLE
- Groom: BIRD CAMRON GLEN Bride: LYONS JESSICA RANAE
- Groom: BARDEN FRANK WILLIAM Bride: TOTTEL TERRIE ANNE
- Groom: BROWN KEVIN PAUL Bride: PERRY CHRISTINE TUSHINA
- Groom: ROSE RIO MARCEL Bride: WHITFORD NYSSA IGRAYNE