News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 11, 2013 - Staff
Thomas Alvin Judson, 64, died Monday, April 8, in the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Cremation is under the direction of Schrader Funeral Home of Cheyenne, and a memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Monday, April 15, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. Anyone who knew him is welcome to attend.
Thunder "Baby Bunnz" Little Thunder Jr. died Tuesday, April 9, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Monday, April 15, at Eagle Hall. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 16, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Burial will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Lorence "Buck" Lenard Jr., 53, of Lander, died Tuesday, April 9, at Morning Star Manor in Fort Washakie. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. Cremation will take place.
Riverton DOES Family Night is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 207 E. Main St., Riverton. Admission is $7 and includes an all you can eat taco and fajita bar. Guests welcome.
"Hair" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
The annual Lander Pioneer Days Queen Pageant that was scheduled for 1 p.m. April 13 at the Lander Old Timer's Rodeo Association indoor arena has been canceled due to weather. The queen committee will advise the public of the rescheduled date.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Carol Friday, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 2:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Ben Brown, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Sandra LittleWhiteMan, 52, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Deputies arrested someone on an outstanding Fremont County warrant in connection with a case investigated by the sheriff's office. Officials said the suspect's identity and charges are being withheld pursuant to Wyoming State Statute 6-2-319 regarding information about persons charged with sexual assault crimes prior to their district court appearance.
- Nancy Smith, 66, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday after reportedly rolling her vehicle on Wyoming Highway 789 near Shoshoni.
According to reports, a nearby motorist saw Smith's blue "Suburban-type" vehicle drift and roll, then come to rest upright on its wheels at about 6:50 p.m. Wednesday. After the incident, Smith reportedly continued driving toward Riverton with several broken windows and a possible flat tire.
Another driver called about five minutes later to report the same accident, and at about 7:30 p.m. a Fremont County Sheriff's deputy stopped the vehicle and made contact with Smith. Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said the suspect was taken to Riverton Memorial Hospital to be treated for minor injuries, after which she was arrested for driving under the influence and cited for failure to report her own accident.
"Any time you have a traffic collision where there's property damage to your vehicle or someone else's over $1,000 you have a duty to report that," Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said Thursday, adding that any incidents involving bodily injuries also must be reported to law enforcement.