A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 12, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Shelley and Nathan Cole of Riverton at 4:12 a.m. April 3, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Shelley and Nathan Cole of Riverton at 4:12 a.m. April 3, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
A son was born to Heidi and Deak Dollard of Lander at 8:51 a.m. March 24, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 15.2 ounces.
Vernon Groathouse, 92, of Riverton, died Thursday, April 11, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Arrangements are pending at Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Manford Snyder, 93, father of Riverton resident Terry Snyder, died Friday, March 22, in Loveland, Colo. Services were conducted Thursday, March 28, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Otis, Colo. Interment followed at the Otis Cemetery.
"Hair" is at 2:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Fremont County Archaeological Society Program is at 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall. Central Wyoming College anthropology students will present their research papers on historical and prehistoric sites in Fremont County.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Levon Jaure, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 1:10 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Mary Addison, 50, of Arapahoe, was arrested on warrants for stolen property and fraud at about 3:40 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of North Third Street East.
- Loretta SunRhodes, 33, of Arapahoe, and Jason Antelope, 29, of Riverton, were arrested early Friday after reportedly stealing more than $130 in items from Walmart.
According to reports, the suspects had fled the store at about 1 a.m. Friday with a shopping cart full of unpaid property. Officials said the two got into a blue-colored minivan and headed north on Wyoming Highway 789 at a high rate of speed. Riverton Police Department Capt. Eric Murphy said the driver of the minivan also failed to activate the vehicle's headlights, but officers were able to see the minivan's brake lights turn at the highway's intersection with Honor Farm Road.
"We found the vehicle parked and unattended on Pleasant Drive," Murphy said. "We could hear people inside the house, so we made contact with them."
Officers reportedly asked whether the people knew who had been driving the minivan.
"They said it was Loretta and Jason and pointed down the hall," Murphy said. "So they went down the hall and pulled them out of the bedroom."
He said SunRhodes recorded a blood-alcohol content of .16, while Antelope's was a .10. She was arrested for shoplifting, resisting arrest and criminal trespass, as Murphy said she had been barred from Walmart previously. Antelope was arrested for shoplifting, resisting arrest and reckless driving for failing to activate the minivan's headlights.
- Grantor: COUGHANOUR MATTHEW T, COUGHANOUR CHRISTINA N Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 16 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 16 City: RIVERTON Grantee: GAMBLER SHARYL
- Grantor: UPDIKE THOMAS J, UPDIKE PAULETTE Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 4 City: RIVERTON Grantee: ABRAHAM MARK, PYLES CHRISTY
- Grantor: HEDGES DARRELL L, HEDGES BARBARA M Legal: Sub/Mine: BURMA HILLS SUB RI Lot: 17 City: RIVERTON Grantee: CRICHTON WILLIAM W, CRICHTON STORMY H
- Grantor: BUNN CHRISSY, FANN CHRISSY Legal: Sub/Mine: BADLEY-BLACK 1ST FILING LA Lot: 3 Block: 2 Ci... Grantee: REED BERNADETTE F
- Groom: FRIDAY MARCUS DALE Bride: UNDERWOOD DIANA RAE
- Groom: LANHAM CHARLES THEODORE Bride: BLUMENSHINE DEBORAH RAE
- Groom: STEARNS THEODORE ROBERT Bride: WEBER ANNA MARY
- Groom: RITTER NATHANIEL JOSEPH Bride: CARLSON LUCINDA LEE
- Groom: MANGES ROBERT PAUL Bride: SPOONHUNTER CRYSTAL RAELENE