A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 16, 2013 - Staff
Donald O'Keefe Miller, 79, died Saturday, April 13, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Per his request, there will be no ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Donald O'Keefe Miller, 79, died Saturday, April 13, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Per his request, there will be no services, and cremation has taken place. Memorial contributions may be made to the Tough Enough for Cancer Fund in care of Davis Funeral Home.
Thurlo Jenkins, 54, of Riverton, died Saturday, April 13, at Lander Valley Hospital. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 18, at Great Plains Hall followed by a wake at his home, 1520 Quiver Lane, Riverton. Funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday, April 19, St. Stephen's Catholic Church.
Hazel Portwood Schlenske died Sunday, April 14, at Morning Star Manor in Fort Washakie. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, April 19, at Davis Funeral Home. The Rev. Bob Conley will officiate. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Annette L. Schur, 75, of Riverton, died Thursday, April 11, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 17, at Davis Funeral Home. Pastor Doug Hill will officiate. Memorial contributions may be made to Amedisys Hospice or Habitat for Humanity in care of Davis Funeral Home.
The National Weather service has canceled the weather spotter training class that would have been at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Bureau of Land Management office in Lander.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the High Country Senior Center, 504 Hays St., Dubois. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
Poetry Open Mic Night is at 5:30 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
Poetry Reading is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Little Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Students, staff and community members are welcome to read their own poetry or recite favorite poems. To schedule a reading, contact CWC assistant librarian Jeff Stinson at 855-2232 or email@example.com.
Donkey Basketball, sponsored by Needs of Dubois, is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dubois High School gym, 314 Helmer St., Dubois. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for students grades 7-12, $4 for students grades K-6 and children under kindergarten age are free. Tickets at the door will be $1 more. For more information, call 455-2606 or needsofdubois.org.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
Business After Hours is 5:30 p.m. to 7: 30 p.m. at High Mountain Fitness, Physical Therapy and Pilates, 669 Main St., Lander. Event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
Chamber Social is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Teton Therapy, 820 W. Main St., Riverton. Event is free and open to the public.
Humanitarian Book Club is at 7 p.m. in the children's theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. The group will discuss "Bronx Primitive" by Kate Simon.
"Walking the West" is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. This movie is part of the Earth Day film series.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Carlene Headley, 52, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 4:15 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Nelson Duran, 33, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Joseph Arthur, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 11:40 a.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Thomas Tomlinson, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .20 at about 8:40 p.m. Sunday on Blackfoot Avenue.
- Steven Willow, 38, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:50 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
- Marcus Friday, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence early Tuesday.
- Benjamin Clark, 53, of Casper, was arrested for driving under the influence early Tuesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Laycee Follmer, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 10 p.m. Friday on Elder Lane in the Gardens North Subdivision in Riverton. According to reports, she was "drunk and disorderly."
- Kristen Mcintyre, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of East Washington Avenue in Riverton.
- Maria Smith, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault/domestic violence and interference with police at about 4:20 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.
- Trent Timbana, 27, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of West Sunset Drive in Riverton.