A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 17, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Kayla and Jonathan Horn of Lander at 10:21 a.m. April 1, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Kayla and Jonathan Horn of Lander at 10:21 a.m. April 1, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
A son was born to Javonn Lynch of Riverton and Darrell LoneBear Jr. of Lander at 1:40 p.m. April 2, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 12.5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Bryan and Tanna Martin of Gill, Colo., at 2:40 p.m. March 21, 2013, at the Monfort Family Birth Center of Greeley, Colo. She weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces. She is the granddaughter of Robin and Kelly Ortiz of Riverton, Jeff and Candice Martin of Evanston, and Vaughn and Vicki Adams of Lehi, Utah.
A son was born to Holly Post of Riverton and Dallas Post of Grand Rapids, Mich., at 11:40 p.m. March 23, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
Vernon "Vern" Groathouse, 92, of Riverton, died Thursday, April 11, at Wind River Health Care. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 20, at Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor David Magruder officiating. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. A viewing will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 19, at Davis Funeral Home.
Stanford Lyle Salway Jr., 55, died Monday, April 15, at Lander Valley Medical Center. Wake and rosary will be at 7 p.m. Friday, April 19, at Rocky Mountain Hall. Funeral services will be at noon Saturday, April 20, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. Burial will follow at Chief Washakie Cemetery.
"Hair" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Brian Goich, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- James Baker, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Jacob Arima, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Teesha Leclair, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a failure to appear warrant.
- Stephanie Muller, 49, of Lander, was arrested on a failure to appear warrant.
- Peter Radash, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Christopher Webb, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a probation revocation warrant.
- During the same time period, firefighters responded to four calls in the county, and ambulance crews were dispatched 15 times.
- A Fremont County School District 25 bus was involved in a minor traffic collision Tuesday afternoon on Young and Jennings roads.
Fremont County Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said in a news release that the six children on board were uninjured in the crash, which was reported to authorities at 4:30 p.m.
Lee said the bus was eastbound on Young Road and had approached the 90-degree sharp turn to the north. At the same time, a Ford SUV had also approached the same 90-degree turn from the opposite direction.
"The school bus driver turned too sharp into the corner; the side of the bus struck the Ford SUV," Lee said. "Both vehicles were traveling very slowly when the collision occurred."
Lee said there was little to no damage to the bus and minimal damage to the SUV. More information will be release as it becomes available.
- Grantor: JUVAN DONALD W, JUVAN MARIAN A Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 11 Block: 11 City: ... Grantee: BERG BAYLIN M
- Grantor: MUNGER GARY M TRUSTEE, MUNGER BARBARA A TRUSTEE, MUNGER GARY M LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB RE-SUB LOTS... Grantee: GARY S PUMPING UNIT MAINTENANCE INC
- Grantor: JOHNSON DANIEL D, JOHNSON JOYCE J Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 31 Township: 3N Range: 6E Grantee: FRANKS GRAHAM P, FRANKS BRYNN M
- Grantor: CRICHTON WILLIAM W, CRICHTON STORMY H Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 5 City: ... Grantee: WILLE MICHAEL L JR, WILLE DELINA M
- Grantor: GREGORY GLEN, GREGORY JASON Legal: Sub/Mine: RAINTREE ESTATES RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: RIV... Grantee: WILSON ROXANNE
- Grantor: COOPER STEVEN R, COOPER KARI A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 8 Block: 19 ..., Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 9 Block: 19 ... Grantee: WIND RIVER ENTERPRISES LLC
- Groom: THOMPSON BRADI MICHAEL Bride: STRAIN APRIL MORIAH
- Groom: HOFFMAN RAYNE THOMAS Bride: ANESI KAYLA LYNN
- Groom: CASSIDY ANTHONY GEORGE JR Bride: SHIBLES ASHLEIGH WAIN
- Groom: MCKINLEY DAVID WILLIAM Bride: JELLIS DESIRAE COLE