Mar 13, 2012 - StaffBIRTHS
A son was born to Michelle and Richard Seabolt, of Riverton, at 10:19 a.m. Feb. 27, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 12.8 ounces.
Darlene F. Cooper, 87, died Sunday, March 11, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services are at 2 p.m. Friday, March 16, at the United Methodist Church of Riverton. Viewing is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 15, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Memorials may be made to the United Methodist Church of Riverton. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Funeral services for Herbert L. Eastman, 84, are at 10 a.m. Friday, March 16, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Mr. Eastman died Sunday, March 11, 2012, at his home in Riverton. Memorials may be made to the Huntsman Cancer Research at the University Medical Center in Salt Lake City. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Rachel O. Ratliff, 83, died Saturday, March 10, 2012, at her home in Riverton. Memorial services are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 14, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Viewing is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to Cottey College to purchase a memory brick through Chapter AP, P.E.O., in care of Martha Lange, 316 S. Third East or a charity of the donor's choice. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneral
Memorial services for Georgia A. Scott, 82, were Tuesday, March 13, at the Owl Creek Apartments in Riverton. Mrs. Scott died Friday, March 9, 2012. Memorials may be made to the Riverton Senior Citizen Center.
Memorial services for Mary C. Warenski, 75, of Riverton, are at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Cremation has taken place. Mrs. Warenski died Monday, March 12, 2012, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Memorials may be made to the Paws for Life Animal Shelter. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneral
City Council Work Session is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Fremont County School District 25 Board Meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Administration Office, 121 N. Fifth St. West, Riverton.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 11:14 a.m. on Friday, police responded to the 700 block of North Broadway Avenue concerning a report of child abuse/neglect. Subsequently, Kathryn Parrish, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangerment.
- At 10:25 p.m. on Friday, Lelan Teran, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication in the 400 blocks of East Pine Street and North Broadway.
- Sydney Willow, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence of alcohol and interfering with a police officer. The arrest occurred at 5:50 a.m. on Saturday at Major Avenue and West Main Street.
- Eldon Antelope, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal court warrant at 5:46 p.m. on Saturday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Dustin Headley, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a county warrant, and Isaac Jenkins, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for multiple municipal court warrants. Both arrests happened at 10:31 p.m. on Saturday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- Richard Thunder, 21, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication and interfering with a police officer at 4:12 a.m. on Sunday in the 1600 block of West Main Street.
- At 11:30 p.m. on Sunday, police arrested John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Lance Strom, 29, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Samantha Hanway, 20, of Ethete, was arrested on a county warrant, two counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, four counts of first-degree murder, one count of first-degree arson and two counts of aggravated robbery.
- Joseph Jude Jenkins, 20, of Arapahoe, was arrested for four counts of first-degree murder, two counts of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, two counts of conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery, two counts of aggravated robbery and one count of first-degree arson.
- Stephanie Williams, 26, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving without a valid driver's license and no interlock device.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 63 calls for assistance and firefighters were dispatched seven times.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.