A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 18, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Jordan and Carlo Shakespeare of Lander at 1:07 p.m. March 30, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Jordan and Carlo Shakespeare of Lander at 1:07 p.m. March 30, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 15.8 ounces.
A son was born to Danielle White and Harlin Griebel of Fort Washakie at 9:32 a.m. March 29, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
A daughter was born to Gilberta and Austin Willow Sr. of Riverton at 1:30 p.m. March 28, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
Norma Jean Bappe, 78, died Monday, April 15, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 20, at the Evangelical Free Church in Lexington, Neb., with Pastor Duane Russell officiating. Burial will be in the Greenwood Cemetery at Lexington. Visitation will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April 19, at Reynolds-Love Funeral Home in Lexington.
Ultimate Miniature Bullriding is at 1 p.m. in Shoshoni. For more information, call 349-6400.
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Annual Banquet is at 4 p.m. at the Inn at Best Western. 260 Grandview Drive, Lander. Space is limited. To order tickets, call Toni Laird at 332-2629 or Dale Lewis at 349-0166.
Lander Pet Connection Fundraiser is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at The Middle Fork, 351 Main St., Lander.
Wine Tasting Soiree, sponsored by Soroptimist International of Riverton, is 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door.
"Hair" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Ursula Brown, 28, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a courtesy hold for probation and parole at about 11 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Amanda Jenkins, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:55 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Calvin English, 54, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOP... Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 2ND ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 4 City: LANDER Grantee: MANDEL ALAN J Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: KELLER DENNIS, KELLER GRAYCE Legal: Sub/Mine: MONETA TOWNSITE OF MI Lot: 30 Block: 17 City:..., Sub/Mine: MONETA TOWNSITE OF MI Lot: 31 Block: 17 City:..., Sub/Mine: MONETA TOWNSITE OF MI Lot: 32 Block: 17 City:... Grantee: CHALLENGER INDUSTRIES INC
- Grantor: JOHNSON HAL D, JOHNSON ELSIE F Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 25 City: RIVERTON Grantee: CHAMPION INVESTMENT GROUP LLC
- Grantor: WILLIAMS J MARLENE, WILLIAMS MARLENE J Legal: Sub/Mine: BRENTWOOD ADD REPLAT TRACT A & LOT 7 BLK 1 RI..., Sub/Mine: BRENTWOOD ADD REPLAT TRACT A & LOT 7 BLK 1 RI... Grantee: FALLS JOHN
- Grantor: SUNRISE VILLA PARTNERSHIP Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 94 City: L..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 94 City: L..., Quarter: SWSW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: SHORELINE LLC
- Grantor: MOREY DAMON R, MOREY AMANDA L Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 3 City: ... Grantee: POWELL SHANNON C
- Grantor: JAMES LORI F, GAMBLIN TRACIE L , GORDON MICHAEL LR Legal: Sub/Mine: DEER PARK SUB LA Lot: 8 City: LANDER Grantee: COLE JAMES TROY, COLE EVA DANIELLE
- Grantor: BROOKFIELD GLOBAL RELOCATION SERVICES LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: HIGHLAND PARK ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: RI... Grantee: BEDARD CHRISTOPHER E, BEDARD KATHLEEN M
- Groom: GOODMAN DARREL WILLIAM Bride: MEAN CAMERON ROSE
- Groom: WITHROW JOSEPH JEREMIAH Bride: ROGERS JULIE REBA
- Groom: CHIPPEWA THOMAS GOOD WIND Bride: SPOON WILHELMINA NMN
- Groom: POMPA VICTOR FELIX Bride: MCCARTY NANETTE NMN
- Groom: HUTCHINSON EARL STEVEN Bride: GAMBLER MELISSA LEE