Apr 19, 2013 - StaffCommunity calendar
Clarlene M. Peil Memorial 5K Run/Walk is at 8:30 a.m. at the Lander Valley High School parking lot. The run begins at 9 a.m., and the walk begins at 9:15 a.m. Pre registration is $20 and includes a T-shirt. To register online, visit https://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=2092739.
Clothes Closet is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at United Baptist Church, 1201 E. Pershing Ave., Riverton. All items are free. Clothes and household items in good condition can be donated. For more information, call Virginia Dugan at 709-0294 or Dean Whitaker at 851-6233.
"Hair" is at 2:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Lander Children's Museum Earth Day Celebration is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the museum, 465 Lincoln St., Lander. Event includes Earth-friendly crafts, toy swap, planter sale and more.
"Switch" is at 6 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Cordell Washington, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 11 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Steven Amos, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Daniel Shipley, 50, of Kinnear, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8:40 p.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
- Ronald Brown, 47, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:45 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive.
- John Antelope, 45, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of East Adams Avenue.
- A 34-year-old Riverton woman was cited for simple assault at about 9 a.m. Thursday at Walmart. Officials said she was released on a misdemeanor citation with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Delilah Addison, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 4:15 p.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Bishop Randall Drive in Lander.
- Randy Ferguson, 27, of Evans, Colo., was arrested for driving under the influence and open container at about 1:30 a.m. Friday in the 10300 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in north Riverton.
- Katie Large, 24, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of North Fourth Street in Lander.
- Roy Reignier, 45, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 5:50 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.
- Officials said Dyle Lobdell of Riverton was driving the 2002 Fremont County School District 25 school bus that was involved in a minor traffic accident Tuesday afternoon on Young Road.
Six children reportedly were riding the bus at the time of the collision, but no injuries were recorded in the incident.
Reports state the bus was traveling east on Young Road when it approached a 90 degree turn to the north. At the same time, a 2006 Ford Freestyle driven by Steven Doyle of Riverton also approached the curve from the opposite direction. Officials said Lobdell turned too sharply at the curve, and the side of the bus struck the Ford Freestyle.
The bus sustained little to no damage according to reports, and the Ford sustained minimal damage. No citations were issued.
- Grantor: NELSON SCOOTER, NELSON CHAYNIE Legal: Sub/Mine: HIGHLAND PARK ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: RI... Grantee: BROOKFIELD GLOBAL RELOCATION SERVICES LLC
- Grantor: BRUHN JOHN C, BRUHN SCOTT A Legal: Sub/Mine: TERRACE SUB DU Lot: 14 City: DUBOIS Grantee: JOHNSON LR ROD, D ARGE MACKIE
- Grantor: BURNS KELLIE HOLBERT, BURNS TRAVIS H Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 23 Township: 2n Range: 3e Remark... Grantee: BLAIR LEE K, BLAIR LORENA M Notes: PARCEL "34B"
- Grantor: REDDON JAY A , REDDON JILL M Legal: Sub/Mine: BROADACRES SUB RI Lot: 6 City: RIVERTON Grantee: LAMBERT JOSH D, LAMBERT CHANTAYE D
- Grantor: HALSEIDE JAMES MARK , HALSEIDE JEANNIE M Legal: Section: 18 Township: 3N Range: 3E Lot: 3 , Quarter: NWSW Section: 18 Township: 3N Range: 3E Grantee: PACE CARL RAY Notes: GOVERNMENT LOT 3
- Grantor: KING WESLEY W Legal: Sub/Mine: GREEN ACRES SUB RI Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON Grantee: SAMUELSON ANDREW, SAMUELSON JOLENE Notes: TRACT 5
- Grantor: BROWN JEFFREY L, BROWN SONDRA D Legal: Sub/Mine: SACAJAWEA MEADOWS MI Lot: 7 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Sub/Mine: SACAJAWEA MEADOWS MI Lot: 6 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: OLSON BROCK L, OLSON KRISTINA J
- Grantor: SHOUP MARY SUE Legal: Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 62 City: MISCELLANE..., Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 63 City: MISCELLANE... Grantee: GREENHALGH PERRY
- Grantor: BYRNE LAEL W TRUSTEE, BYRNE LOUISE L TRUSTEE, BYRNE LAEL W LIVING TRUST, ... Legal: Quarter: NW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 3E Grantee: MADDOCK DOUGLAS W, MADDOCK STACEY L
- Grantor: MARTIN DAVID C, MARTIN DAVID L Legal: Sub/Mine: ASPEN MEADOWS SUBDIVISION DU Lot: 7 City: DUB... Grantee: MICKEY VALENTINE LLC
- Grantor: SANDERS MATTHEW S Legal: Sub/Mine: BROWNE SUB RI Lot: 17 City: RIVERTON Grantee: HAMBRICK MINDI J
- Groom: CASSIDY ANTHONY GEORGE JR Bride: SHIBLES ASHLEIGH WAIN
- Groom: MAYO WILLIAM THOMAS Bride: DODGE CHARLA MARIE
- Groom: MCKINLEY DAVID WILLIAM Bride: JELLIS DESIRAE COLE
- Groom: SHEPARD SHAYNE ANDREW Bride: YERGEN MICHELLE LYNNE
- Groom: LANHAM CHARLES THEODORE Bride: BLUMENSHINE DEBORAH RAE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.