TodayApr 23, 2013 Staff
Jim Abeyta, 67, of Riverton, died Saturday, April 20, at the University of Colorado Hospital. A viewing will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at Davis Funeral Home followed by a rosary. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Davis Funeral Home.
Harold Max Pursel Sr., 91, of Riverton, died Sunday, April 21, at Lander Valley Hospital. A viewing will be noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, at Davis Funeral Home. Funeral services will follow at 2 p.m.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Veterans Affairs Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
Hot Topic: Immigration Reform is 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Little Theatre at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The presentation is 11 a.m. to noon, followed by a question and answer session. A complimentary soup and salad lunch will be at 12:30 p.m. in the Fremont Room.
Business and Employment Expo is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Participants may reserve a table for $25 before April 15. Registration is $50 after April 15. The fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch, advertising and the ability to network with others. For more information, call Deb Starks at 855-2221 or Janet Webb at 855-2006.
Bookies Book Club is at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander.
Poetry Night is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Fort Washakie School/Community Library, 90 Ethete Road, Fort Washakie. Attendees are invited to read favorite or original selections of poetry, creative prose or even lyrics. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call 332-3592.
Wild and Scenic Film Festival is at 6:30 p.m. in Lander. Tickets are $4 to $8.
"The Teakettle Experiment: Fire and Forest Health" is at 7 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. This movie is part of the Earth Day film series.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Clowry Means, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 3 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Vernon Brown, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 4:45 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Maria Cantu, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace and aggravated assault at about 12:50 a.m. Saturday at Bomber's Sports Bar, 502 E. Main St. According to reports, Cantu assaulted another female who was pregnant. Officials said the fact that the victim was pregnant makes the assault aggravated.
- Misty Haddenham, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for underage possession of alcohol and resisting arrest at about 3 a.m. Saturday at Walmart. With her was a 17-year-old Riverton boy who was cited for minor in possession of alcohol and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Marcus Brown, 58, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11 p.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Tobias Smith, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for assault and reckless endangerment (domestic violence) at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in the 4500 block of Valley View Road.
- Tara Brown, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:15 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:20 a.m. Monday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Darwin Shakespeare, 23, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 4:30 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East.
- Three other people were issued misdemeanor citations and released with their promise to appear in court at a later date: a 25-year-old Ethete woman who was cited for shoplifting at about 3:15 p.m. Friday at Walmart, a 15-year-old Riverton girl who was cited for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of College Hill Drive and a 40-year-old Riverton man who was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Opal Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Lonestar Addison, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue in Riverton.
- Robin Behan, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault. Deputies responded at about 8:45 a.m. Sunday to reports that Behan was fighting with a man in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Carl Dahl, 22, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Charles Geboe, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 5:15 p.m. Saturday on Navaho Avenue in Riverton.
- Kenneth Lapeyre, 22, of Dubois, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 8 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois.