News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 25, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Gary and Alfreda Blackburn, of Riverton, at 2:42 p.m. March 29, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Andria and Wade Brown, of Riverton, at 11:14 p.m. April 18, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
Lorna Lynn Flack, 47, formerly of Riverton, died Friday, April 5, at Aurora St. Luke's Hospital in Milwaukee. Funeral services were April 11.
Shawnda Rae Watkins, 46, died Wednesday, April 24, at the Help for Health Hospice Home following a long battle with respiratory disease. Per her request, no services will be held.
Travis Park Playground Build Day is at 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Shoshoni. Volunteers should wear closed-toed shoes and bring gloves. To RSVP, call 876-2663.
"Giulio Cesare" is at 10 a.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Donations are $10 for adults, $5 for students.
Northern Arapaho Cultural Explanation is at 10 a.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Highway 789. Northern Arapaho cultural lessons are offered by Elders with language lessons, story telling and a tour of the Cultural Experience room.
Pitch, Hit and Run is 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Riverton Little League Fields. Event is free.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Mona Blackburn, 52, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Bryan Brown, 39, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 2:45 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Major Avenue and Riverview Road.
- Aloysius Piper, 45, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Leon Carter, 56, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container.
- Steven King, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with police and on a warrant out of Washakie County at about 10:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Elder Lane in Riverton. According to reports, King ran from police during a traffic stop.
- Lavena Laster, 49, of Shoshoni, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 11 p.m. Wednesday on Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton near McCall Lane.
- Jenae Mandan, 18, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- Grantor: KNAPIC KENNETH S CO TRUSTEE, KNAPIC JOYCE A CO TRUSTEE, KNAPIC REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: OCEAN VIEW SUB MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: BLAIR CHADWICK J, BLAIR ALYSSA R
- Grantor: RIVERTON TOWN OF, RIVERTON CITY OF Legal: Sub/Mine: RIW INDUSTRIAL PARK RI Lot: 3 City: RIVERTON Grantee: HARDER DIESSLIN DEVELOPMENT GROUP LLC
- Grantor: MAJOR WAYNE LIVING TRUST, MAJOR RAMA LIVING TRUST, MAJOR WAYNE CO TRUSTEE , ... Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 1 Block: 35 ..., Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 2 Block: 35 ... Grantee: SCHREIBER MARY R
- Grantor: ERICKSON ARTHUR K CO TRUSTEE, ERICKSON RUTH R CO TRUSTEE, ERICKSON ARTHUR & RUTH FAMILY TRUST Legal: Half: W Quarter: SE Section: 3 Township: 2N Range: 1E Grantee: WOOLERY RANCH Notes: RESERVING UNTO THE GRANTORS ALL MINERALS, AN UNDIVIDED 1/9 INTEREST
- Grantor: LEIKAM JERRY L, LEIKAM RICKY D Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD RI Lot: 19 Block: 2 City: RIVE... Grantee: PORTSCHY MICHAEL F
- Grantor: KASTLE LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 1 Block: 5 ... Grantee: NELSON FREDERICK E, NELSON COLLEEN J
- Groom: HARRIS DARIN LEE Bride: ARAGON TRINA JANELLE
- Groom: HARRIS RICHARD LAIRD Bride: ADAMO ANGELA LENEAN
- Groom: NELSON LARRY WILLIAM Bride: HENKE JILL CLAUDETTE
- Groom: STEARNS THEODORE ROBERT Bride: WEBER ANNA MARY