News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 1, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Colleen H. Brown, of Riverton, at 3:54 p.m. April 11, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 4 ounces.
A daughter was born to Gina and Jason Brown, of Riverton, at 5:52 p.m. April 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces.
Freda Conrad, 96, of Riverton, died Sunday, April 28, at the Good Samaritan Care Facility of Arapahoe, Neb. Memorial services are pending for June at Davis Funeral Home. Pastor James Moshier with Trinity Lutheran Church in Arapahoe, Neb., will officiate. Inurnment will be at Mountain View Cemetery. Memorial may be made to Riverton Senior Center in care of Davis Funeral Home.
Lorence "Buck" Lenard Jr., 53, of Lander, died Tuesday, April 9, at the Morning Star Manor at Fort Washakie. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 2, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. According to his wishes, cremation will take place. Memorials may be made to the Set Free Church in care of Davis Funeral Home.
John W. Levar, 86, of Lander, died Tuesday, April 16, at the Central Wyoming Hospice in Casper after complications from COPD. Cremation has taken place and at his request, there will be no services. His daughters will commemorate his life with a private burial at a later date.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Nathaniel Murdoch, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday after he reportedly drove his blue 2012 Nissan Versa into a light pole in the 600 block of West Main Street. Officers said they responded to the scene and determined Murdoch was unable to operate a motor vehicle safely. No one was injured in the incident, and Murdoch's vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Chauncey Friday, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- A 22-year-old Riverton woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for littering at about noon Tuesday in the 100 block of North Federal Boulevard. She was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Joseph Twiss, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault (domestic violence) at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Justin Bade, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Georgianna Crawford, 60, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of East Fremont Avenues. Officers said they made a traffic stop and detected that Crawford was unable to operate a motor vehicle safely.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Michael Warren, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for failure to appear at about 1:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Liberty Drive in Riverton.
- Mykle Johnson, 18, of Riverton, was arrested through the Court Assisted Supervised Treatment program, or drug court, at about 3:50 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- Grantor: MCCULLOCH A L TRUSTEE, MCCULLOCH PEGGY J IRREVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: PRIDEAUX ESTATE ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 1 City: ... Grantee: KEELEY ALEXANDRA D
- Grantor: RUBY MICHAEL H, RUBY NANCY KATHERINE Legal: Sub/Mine: WILLOW CREEK MEADOWS SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISC... Grantee: HELLYER LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
- Grantor: GARDNER JAMES E, GARDNER JENNIFER L Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 130 Cit... Grantee: WECK JAMES DEREK
- Grantor: CROWDER WLLIAM ALLEN, CROWDER LINDA Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 6 Block: 10 ..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 7 Block: 10 ..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 8 Block: 10 ... Grantee: BURT DAVID L
- Grantor: FOSTER STEVEN R, FOSTER DIANE M Legal: Section: 1 Township: 2N Range: 5E , Quarter: NESE Section: 1 Township: 2N Range: 5E Grantee: GARDNER JAMES E, GARDNER JENNIFER L Notes: U.S.B.R. TRACT 10 AND TRACT 5
- Groom: PERALTA PETER TELMO Bride: MATTHEWS DANIELLE ANN
- Groom: DREWISKE CHRISTOPHER GEORGE Bride: YATES LINDSEY ANN
- Groom: FARIS ALLEN GUY Bride: WHITESEL RITA DIANE
- Groom: GOODMAN DARREL WILLIAM Bride: MEANS CAMERON ROSE