News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 3, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Rachel and Bryce Giesmann, of Lander, at 10:09 a.m. April 12, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 11.75 ounces.
A son was born to Ben and Tiphany LeClair, of Rawlins, at 11:48 p.m. April 18, 2013, at Memorial Hospital of Carbon County in Rawlins. He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces and is the grandchild of Duncan and Kayleene LeClair of Crowheart,
Hunter Big Medicine died Thursday, April 25, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 4, at Blue Sky Hall with Gary Chingman officiating. An evening service and wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, May 3, at Blue Sky Hall. Interment will be in the WallowingBull Cemetery at Ethete.
Arthur L. Coggins, 72, of Lander, died Wednesday, May 1, at Help for Health Hospice in Riverton after a short illness. Funeral services will be Friday, May 10, at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander. Private family burial will follow at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander.
Miriam Elizabeth Crymble, 92, formally of Riverton, died Thursday, May 2, at her home in Evanston. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
David O. Hursh, 29, of Riverton, died Monday, April 22. A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at 502 E. Madison Ave., Riverton.
Marjorie Joanne Knobel, 79, of Riverton, died Thursday, May 2, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Anita G. Price, 72, of Riverton, died Wednesday, May 1, at Wyoming Medical Center. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Harvey Charles Rodgers, 89, of Riverton, died Thursday, May 2, at Morning Star Manor. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Jeffery Lee Spitler, 56, of Riverton, died Tuesday, April 30, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Arnold E. Stowe, 91, a longtime Lander resident, died Tuesday, April 30, at Westward Heights Care Center after a lengthy illness. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 9, at the First Baptist Church in Lander with Pastor Scott Engelhart officiating. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery under the direction of Hudson's Funeral Home of Lander.
Cinco de Mayo Brunch is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the High Country Senior Center in Dubois. Meals are $7 a person (children 5 and under eat free). The meal includes breakfast tacos, fruit, sausage, biscuits and gravy.
Faith's Kitchen, sponsored by Faith Fellowship Church, is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Elks Club, 207 E. Main St., Riverton. Adults can eat for $3, children 18 and under eat free. For more information, call 856-1172 or visit www.rivertonfaithfellowship.org.
First Sunday Singin' is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Hudson Community Center. Night includes a pot-luck supper and country/Western gospel music. Singers and bands are welcome to perform at the open mic. No registration required.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Thomas Brown, 41, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8 a.m. Thursday in the 100 block of South Seventh Street East.
- Katherine Silverhorn-Noon, 38, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear early Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- Breanna Palma, 20, of Riverton, was cited for leaving the scene of a property damage collision at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday in the 3000 block of Cooper Road in Riverton. According to reports, Palma had driven her vehicle into a fence in the area.
- A 16-year-old Lander girl was cited for failing to stop for a school bus at about 4 p.m. Thursday on Squaw Creek Road in Lander. Reports state a Lander bus driver had stopped on Squaw Creek Road to unload students and had activated the bus safety lights when a vehicle drove by.
- Grantor: ADAMS LONNIE CHARLES Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 19 Block: 78 City: L... Grantee: ADAMS LONNIE CHARLES, DEAN CASEY