TodayMay 7, 2013 Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the headline of the page four story "Graduations begin Saturday with CWC" should have said "Graduations begin Friday with CWC."
Harvey Charles Rodgers, 89, died Thursday, May 2, at Morning Star Manor in Fort Washakie. Cremation has taken place, and no services are planned.
Gene W Sauer, 89, of Riverton, died Saturday, May 4, at the Help for Health Hospice Home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 9, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Robin Stupka officiating. Internment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Daniel Hyde Shoop, 58, a longtime resident of Lysite, died Friday, May 3, at Help for Health Hospice after a fierce battle with cancer. Funeral services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, at Davis Funeral Home. Interment was at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lakeview Cemetery in Shoshoni.
Alice Thompson, 80, of Riverton, died Monday, May 6, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Per her wishes, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Robin Stupka officiating.
Wind River Job Corps Pre-Bid Conference is at 9 a.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Humanitarian Book Club is at 7 p.m. in the children's theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Discussion is limited to 20 participants. The group will discuss "All But the Waltz" by Mary Clearman Blew.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Krystal Miller, 29, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Heather Finlayson, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 6 p.m. Friday in the 1200 block of East Park Avenue.
- Pamela SixFeathers, 29, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Eighth Street West.
- Alfred Shavehead, 57, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:45 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Derick Meeks, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of marijuana at about 7:45 p.m. Friday in the 1800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Byron Lincoln, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Ninth Street East.
- Doug BigMedicine, 35, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8:30 p.m. Friday in an alley behind Forest Drive.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:45 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- James C'Hair, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 12:02 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Forest Drive.
- Lyndrith Ware, 49, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 4:20 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Carlene Headley, 52, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Leonard Ingwerson, 38, of Casper, was arrested for shoplifting at about 9 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Elvis Old Bull, 25, of Billings, Mont., was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 10:50 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue. With him was Marty Wallace, 26, of Irving, N.Y., who also was arrested for disturbing the peace.
- Travis Schone, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal entry and resisting arrest at about 2:40 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of South Fifth Street East.
- Craig Oldman, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear and interference at about 2:10 p.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Matthew Antelope, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two warrants for probation revocation, driving while under suspension, reckless driving and resisting arrest at about 4:40 p.m. Sunday on Pershing Avenue.
- Cassandra Goggles, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:40 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Christian Jones, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and destruction of property at about 10 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Eric Hall, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- William Lawrence, 45, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 7400 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Lander.
- Kristen Mcintyre, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for bond violation at about 10 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of East Washington Avenue in Riverton.
- Aaron Miracle, 39, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3 p.m. Friday in the 5500 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois.
- Derek Smart, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- A woman reported that her 16-year-old son had been involved in a one-vehicle rollover just before 9 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of East Pavillion Road. Reports state the boy, who was the driver and sole occupant of the 1994 Pontiac Grand Am involved, was not injured in the incident, during which he damaged a fence on the south side of the road. Further information was unavailable Tuesday.
- Deputies removed a dead raccoon from a telephone pole Sunday along Young Road after a motorist reported the animal had been hung there.
The reporting party said the raccoon had been "wired by its front legs" near a turn in the road. Deputies said they took the animal down and discarded it.
- Deputies responded at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday to reports of a fight at the Rustic Pine Tavern in the 100 block of East Ramshorn Street in Dubois. Reports state someone was involved in an altercation with the bar's owner, but the disorderly patron was removed and fled before deputies' arrival.
- Officials are looking for a 1988 brown Jeep Cherokee with gold wheels that was reported stolen at about 4 a.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of River Lane in Riverton.
According to reports, the owner of the vehicle said he started the car early Tuesday and then went inside for a cup of coffee, leaving the Cherokee unlocked and running. He reportedly heard a commotion outside, and when he went to check it out he saw his vehicle being driven away. The Jeep has been signed as stolen.