May 9, 2013 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Ashley Fossey and Garrett Nimmo, of Riverton, at 5:40 p.m. April 4, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Chase and Jaymie Ommen, of Lander, at 5:50 a.m. April 15, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
Adrian Komrs, 86, of Riverton, died Wednesday, May 8, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Riverton Garden Club Annual Plant Sale is at 8 a.m. at 910 E. Pershing Ave. Perennials, vegetables and houseplants will be on sale.
Annual Help for Health Hospice 5K Walk/Run is at 9 a.m. at the Lander City Park gazebo. Registration is $15 for individuals, $55 for families (up to five people) and $100 for a group (up to 10 people). Walking a leashed dog is $5. For more information, call 856-1206. Registration forms are available at www.helpforhealthhospice.org.
GED Graduation is 10 a.m. to noon May 11 at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Weapon Selection and Safe Handling Class for Pistols is 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Riverton Church of Christ on Gas Hills Road. For more information, contact Will at 851-6352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyoming Freedom Conference 2013 is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Guest speakers include Dr. Taylor Haynes, 2010 gubernatorial candidate, Wyoming Superintendent of Public Instruction Cindy Hill, and Jennifer Young.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Rex Lain, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of Railroad Avenue. With him was Ashley Tidzump, 31, of Kinnear, who was arrested for probation revocation.
- Dominic Fightingbear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was Kenneth Shakespeare, 27, of Arapahoe, who also was arrested for public intoxication.
- James Large, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested for probation revocation at about 4:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East. With him was Dawson Smith, 28, of Kinnear, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Charles Bassett, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Ryan Wempen, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no insurance early Thursday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- A local pilot flying near Jeffrey City reportedly received an emergency locating transmitter from another aircraft just before 7 p.m. Wednesday in that area. The pilot reported the incident to the FCSO, and officials said they made contact with the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. AFRCC representatives said an overflying aircraft near Jeffrey City did activate its ELT while in flight for an unknown reason - possibly because of a malfunction of the unit. The AFRCC confirmed that the aircraft sending the signal had landed safely in Sheridan and that officials already had made contact with the pilot.
- The FCSO took 53 calls for service over the last 24 hours, including one report of a motor vehicle accident with property damage. County ambulances were dispatched seven times, and fire departments were called out three times. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges and 12 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 193 inmates including 177 at the center, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, four on home detention and three others being housed outside of the facility.
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 24 Block: 2 City: ... Grantee: DAVIS DAN, DAVIS TINA
- Grantor: SACK JASON J, SACK KARI J Legal: Sub/Mine: SACK SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Half: S Quarter: SE Section: 1 Township: 1N Range: 3E Grantee: MUELLERLEILE BRUCE R
- Grantor: MCDONALD ARLENE B Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 13 Block: 99 City: ..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 99 City: ... Grantee: FOSS DENYVEN E , BEARDEN ANNETTE
- Grantor: HOYT PROPERTIES LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 1 Block: 26 C... Grantee: MOSEMANN PROPERTIES LLC
- Grantor: DUBBERLEY BRIDGET Y Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 18 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 46 City: LA..., Sub/Mine: JACKSON PARK ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 46 City: L..., ... Grantee: DOUGLAS DORIS C
- Grantor: KELLEY RONDA L Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 17 Block: 7 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 18 Block: 7 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 19 Block: 7 C... Grantee: KELLY THOMAS L
- Grantor: WELIEVER DANIEL J Legal: Half: S Quarter: SW Section: 8 Township: 3N Range: 3E , Quarter: SESE Section: 8 Township: 3N Range: 3E , Quarter: SWSE Section: 8 Township: 3N Range: 3E , ... Grantee: WELIEVER JEARLD W Notes: CORRECTIVE WARRANTY DEED, TRACTS 26, 28 & 30 SEC 7 T3N R3E
- Grantor: SWITZERLAND PARK COMPANY Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W Grantee: GRUBB DANNY F
- Grantor: TERRY DAVID CONSTRUCTION INC Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 1 Block: 9 City: RI... Grantee: DAVID DALE A, DAVID TERESA L
- Grantor: LARSON KYLE Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 2 Block: 9 City: RI... Grantee: DAVID TERESA, DAVID DALE
- Groom: VERLEY MIGUEL RODNEY Bride: HALE KIMBERLY ANNE
- Groom: STREETER MICHAEL CASPAR Bride: KIRLIN JANELLE CAROL LOUISE
- Groom: VERLEY MIGUEL RODNEY Bride: HALE KIMBERLY ANNE
- Groom: HERNANDEZ JOSHUA NEVIN Bride: SANDERSON NECOLE MARIE