News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 30, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Judith Ann Osborne and Brockrick Hopper, of Riverton, at 3:39 a.m. May 10, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
A son was born to Amanda and Mac Jarvis, of Shoshoni, on April 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
Marieta J. Brown, 50, of Lander, died Tuesday, May 28, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 1, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with Father Phil Wagner officiating. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Friday, May 31, at Eagle Hall with a wake to follow. Burial will be at the Arapaho Catholic Church. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Spence Dolan, 52, of Lander, died Tuesday, May 28. Arrangements are pending at Davis Funeral Home.
Zane A. Lobdell, 70, of Riverton, died Wednesday, May 29, at his home in Riverton. Arrangements are pending at Davis Funeral Home.
Dubois Badlands Stewardship Day, sponsored by the Wyoming Wilderness Association, is June 1 to June 2. For more information, call 672-2751 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Museum Fundraiser Yard Sale is at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander. Donations are welcome. For more information, call 335-8778 or visit www.museumoftheamericanwest.com.
Hooked on Fishing Not on Drugs Free Fishing Derby is 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.at Big Bend Ponds on East Monroe Street. Derby is for children 14 and under. Residents and nonresidents may fish Wyoming waters (excluding Wind River Indian Reservation and Yellowstone National Park) without a license or conservation stamp. All other fishing regulations and limits apply. Anglers are encouraged to consult the fishing regulations.
Third Annual Chapter AP Scholarship 5K Run is at 8:30 a.m. at the Teton Athletic Club, 911 Flag Drive, Riverton. Registration is 7:30 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. and is $20. For more information, call Cheryl at 856-0120 or the Teton Athletic Club at 856-5424.
Rummage and Bake Sale is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the White Buffalo Recovery Center, 22 Great Plains Road, Arapahoe. Cash only. Cost per table is $15. For more information, call White Buffalo staff at 856-0470.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Rebecca P. Proctor from Chris M. Proctor. Wife's former name of Morrison restored.
Corey Seely from Brenda Seely. Wife's former name of Ruby restored. Husband granted primary custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Benjamin Piper, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Carlene Headley, 52, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Cordell Washington, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 5 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Elizabeth Drive. Officers were responding to reports of a disorderly person in the area.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Kerry Moon, 37, of Fort Washkie, was arrested for bond revocation.
- The FCSO took 49 calls for service during this timeframe. County ambulances were dispatched 10 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including two alcohol-related charges and four misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 179 inmates, including 161 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and three outside of the facility.
- Grantor: WILSON ERIKA E Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 9 Block: 33 ... Grantee: SCHILLING CODY J, SCHILLING KAYLAN N
- Grantor: HORNSEY SALLY Legal: Section: 4 Township: 5N Range: 5W Lot: 1 Grantee: SORCH TYLER A Notes: WITH EASEMENTS
- Grantor: J R CONTRACTOR INC Legal: Sub/Mine: DICKINSON 2ND ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 2 City: RI... Grantee: BALDES CLAUDE C , BALDES PATSY
- Grantor: LARSON KYLE Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 10 Block: 9 City: R... Grantee: ZWIEFELHOFER BRAD, ZWIEFELHOFER REBECCA
- Grantor: DONOVAN MICHAEL Legal: Sub/Mine: A & T MOBILE HOME VILLAGE RI Lot: 29 City: RI... Grantee: MILLER AUTUMN
- Grantor: ELLIOTT THOMAS F TRUSTEE, ELLIOTT THOMAS F LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: SHOUTIS ARTHUR, SHOUTIS CADY OLNEY Notes: WITH STRIP OF LAND CONTAINED IN ORDINANCE NO. 879
- Grantor: HORNECKER DONALD F, HORNECKER SHIRLEY M Legal: Sub/Mine: HORNECKER SUB MI Lot: 3 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: DENHARDT DEMPSTER LYNNDEN, DEMPSTER JAKE D
- Grantor: KNIGHT EARL W, KNIGHT PATRICIA A Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNBURST ESTATES RI Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: RIV... Grantee: ILER MICHAEL S
- Grantor: HEIN PEGGY SUE, LUTHER CLINTON L Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 30 Township: 1S Range: 1E Grantee: BOWMAN JANE S TRUSTEE, BOWMAN KEITH R TRUSTEE, BOWMAN JANE S LIVING TRUST Notes: ENGINEERS INSPECTION ATTACHED AS EXHIBIT "A", FOUNDATION IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH HUD'S "PERMANENT FOUNDAT...
- Grantor: ST PIERRE DIANE L Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 23 Block: 2 City: ... Grantee: ST PIERRE DIANE L TRUSTEE, ST PIERRE DIANE L LIVING TRUST