May 31, 2013 - StaffCorrections
In Thursday's Ranger, the page six story "Pitching a strong suit in Riverton Little League so far" should have said the Dodgers played the Braves on Wednesday. One of the teams was listed incorrectly in the story.
A son was born to Kristi and Taylor Jones, of Lander, at 8:08 p.m. May 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce.
A son was born to Cassandra Lemley, of Riverton, at 9:11 a.m. May 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 10 pounds, 6 ounces.
Thelma Jolley, 78, of Lander, died Thursday, May 23, at Help for Health Hospice Home. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Dubois Badlands Stewardship Day, sponsored by the Wyoming Wilderness Association, is June 1 to June 2. For more information, call 672-2751 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Summer Reading Program Registration is 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Shoshoni Gymkhana Series is at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena, South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Events include barrel racing, pole bending and novelty events for riders of all ages. Concessions will be provided by the Barn Bums 4-H Club. For more information, call Dawn Marie Thacker at 840-0209.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Jason E. Treadway Sr. from Mikki J. Clutter. Wife granted custody of minor child.
Susan Westlake from Scott Westlake. Wife's former name of Ward restored.
William E. Wood from Maureen A. Milligan.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Dominic FightingBear, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court early Friday.
- Dallas Dresser, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two warrants for contempt of court at about 11:20 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Aloysius Piper, 45, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street in Riverton.
- Kelly Means, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of South First Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Ryan Warren, 25, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:40 p.m. Thursday in the 2700 block of Sinks Canyon Road.
- The FCSO received 68 calls for service during this timeframe, including one involving a motor vehicle accident with injuries. County ambulances have been dispatched 10 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including two for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges and 23 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 178 inmates including 160 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and three being house elsewhere.
- Grantor: ST PIERRE DIANE Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD REPLAT RI Lot: 1 City: RIV... Grantee: ST PIERRE DIANE L TRUSTEE, ST PIERRE DIANE L LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: MCBRATNEY WARREN S TRUSTEE, MCBRATNEY WARREN S LIVING TRUST , PONDER DONNA L TRUSTEE, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES REPLAT LOTS 71-81 RI Lot... Grantee: VINCENT JOEL M, VINCENT KATHLEEN M
- Grantor: VREDENBURG MATTHEW R, VREDENBURG SHEREE K Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 32 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: RIVERTON CITY OF, CITY OF RIVERTON
- Grantor: NEWKIRK FRANCES E Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 32 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: RIVERTON CITY OF, CITY OF RIVERTON
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.