TodayJun 5, 2013 Staff
A son was born to Melissa and Ryan Mikesell, of Riverton, at 4:39 a.m. April 19, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce.
A son was born to Katherine and Seth Murray, of Crowheart, at 8:12 p.m. May 7, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.
William D. "Bill" Knezovich, 80, of Lander, died Tuesday, June 4, at his home. Per his request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at noon Sunday, June 9, at Faith Lutheran Church in Lander.
Gloria Deane Lesher, 83, of Fremont County, died Tuesday, May 28, as the result of an auto accident. Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Monday, June 10, at Bustard's Funeral Home. Interment will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 11, at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander.
Kenneth Rusler, 61, of Riverton, died Sunday, June 6, at Help for Health Hospice. Cremation has taken place. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 7, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor David Magruder of Trinity Lutheran Church officiating.
Alfred Adam Weber, 82, died Sunday, June 2, at his home west of Riverton. A viewing will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. The funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, June 6, atSt. John Lutheran Church, 606 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery, with a reception afterward at St. John Lutheran Church.
Stanley G. "Stan" Wilson, 69, of Mesa, Ariz., died Wednesday, June 5, at the University of Indianapolis Medical Center. Memorial services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Lander Brew Fest is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the soccer fields near Lander Valley High School. Event includes wine tasting and more than 70 brews by top brewers in the region. Music provided by Red Gangit and Jon Wayne and the Pain. Free designated driver service available to Lander locations. Tickets are $30 for one day, $50 for both days and are available at www.landerbrewfest.com.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Edward Soundingsides, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant and for resisting arrest at about 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Ophelia Sanchez, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, property damage, assault and resisting arrest stemming from an incident that began at about 2:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officials said Sanchez was arrested for DUI at that time; the additional charges were filed aftershe engaged in a fight with an officer at the police department, breaking his watch. The officer reportedly used pepper spray on Sanchez, who was transported to Riverton Memorial Hospital and then booked into the Fremont County Detention Center.
- Alfred Spoonhunter, 20, of Arapahoe, was arrested on three Fremont County warrants and for underage consumption of alcohol at about 3 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Marsha Blackburn, 25, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants at about 9:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East Washington Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's' Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Aaron Foster, 30, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Main Street in Lander.
- Kelsey Garcia, 29, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation at about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Glenn Smith, 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear just after 8 p.m. Tuesday on Spire Drive in Riverton.
- Deputies responded to a one-vehicle rollover at about 11:50 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Delfelder and Haymaker roads. The driver, who was the only person involved in the crash, reportedly suffered minor injuries in the incident. According to initial reports, he hit a wet spot in the road and rolled his black and white Ford Ranger, possibly striking a tree in the process. No road blockage was reported, and officials said no alcohol was involved.
- During this timeframe the FCSO responded to 82 calls for service, including one call involving a motor vehicle accident reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Twelve people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, four felony charges and 20 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 190 inmates including 171 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and four being housed elsewhere.