News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jun 7, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Samantha and Austin Paul, of Riverton, at 2:35 a.m. April 1, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Patricia and Anthony Pingree, of Riverton, at 11:10 p.m. April 30, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
Thomas Mack Davis, 75, of Worland, died Tuesday, June 4, at his home. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 8, at Riverview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Worland. Military honors will be provided by VFW Post 44.
18th Annual Don Layton Memorial Antique Tractor and Engine Show is at 9 a.m. at the east side park in Shoshoni. The tractor drive begins at 10 a.m. Music and food and craft vendors will be available. Events include quilt and equipment auctions, tractor pulls and raffles. For more information, call Carlta Witthar at 856-1164 or e-mail at email@example.com. Interested vendors may call Cindy Leonhardt at 856-6804.
Good Sam's Roundup is at 5 p.m. at Archer's Buffet and Grill, 400 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. The group will discuss summer plans for campouts and the state Samobree, which will be held Riverton. All are welcome.
Shoshoni Gymkhana Series is at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena, South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Events include barrel racing, pole bending and novelty events for riders of all ages. Concessions will be provided by the Barn Bums 4-H Club. For more information, call Dawn Marie Thacker at 840-0209.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Cody Cook, 38, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Heather M. Friday, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- A deputy reportedly discovered a downed power line at about 12:25 a.m. Friday at the intersection of North Main Street and East Euclid Avenue in Pavillion. Officials said no one was at the scene; local firefighters were called to handle the incident.
- A 70-year-old man reportedly shot himself in the foot Thursday while target shooting outside of Riverton.
Officials were notified of the accident by employees at Riverton Memorial Hospital, who said the man had shot himself with a .22 caliber handgun. He reportedly had been "target practicing" at a shooting range behind the National Weather Service office west of Riverton.
"It was a weapon malfunction," Undersheriff Ryan Lee said. "(He was) trying to clear the weapon (when it happened)."
He said the man was in stable condition Friday.
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe. The FCSO did take 73 calls for service including one, involving a motor vehicle accident with property damage. County ambulances have been dispatched 14 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence and seven misdemeanors. The center currently is responsible for 173 inmates including 154 at the facility, 12 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and four being house elsewhere.
- Grantor: ARBENZ NANCY Legal: Section: 30 Township: 34N Range: 99W Lot: 3 Grantee: MURDOCK RONALD A, MURDOCK MARCIA B
- Grantor: PERILLO FELIX, PERILLO SUSAN BRANDT Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 14 Township: 32n Range: 99w , Quarter: SESE Section: 15 Township: 32n Range: 99w , Half: E Quarter: NE Section: 22 Township: 32n Range: 99w , ... Grantee: SUTTON TODD, SUTTON BROOKE
- Grantor: DELOZIER MIKEL SHAWN Legal: Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 105 City: ..., Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 105 City: ... Grantee: BAILEY MIKE
- Grantor: SMITH LAWRENCE F TRUSTEE, SMITH IRREVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: BUCK & RAIL ESTATES #1 DU Lot: 6 City: DUBOIS Grantee: SMITH LEONARD D TRUSTEE, SMITH MARILYN R TRUSTEE, SMITH FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: MAYO CHARLA M, DODGE CHARLA M, MAYO WILLIAM Legal: Sub/Mine: SPENCER HOME SITE SUB RI Lot: 18 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: SPENCER HOME SITE SUB RI Lot: 17 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: SPENCER HOME SITE SUB RI Lot: 20 City: RIVERTON Grantee: FINCH JOEL D, FINCH LYNN M
- Grantor: VINCENT JOHN R SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, VINCENT JAMES K MD SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, VINCENT JOEL M SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL OF REPLAT LOTS 13-16 BLK 25 ... Grantee: JPV LLC
- Grantor: VINCENT JOEL M, VINCENT KATHLEEN M Legal: Quarter: NW Section: 33 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: ROGGE FREDERICK C JR, ROGGE BROOK A
- Grantor: HILL ROBERT ARTHUR, HILL LEIGHTON CARL, HILL JON DAVID Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 17 Block: 6 Ci..., Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 18 Block: 6 Ci... Grantee: WOOD AMANDA K
- Grantor: GION SCOTT , GION BETTY Legal: Sub/Mine: STOYSICH SUBD MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: MAYO WLLIAM T, MAYO CHARLA M
- Grantor: APODACA CHRISTOPHER Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: R... Grantee: FLURY KRISTI
- Grantor: THOMPSON WASANA Legal: Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 100 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 100 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: LAMOUREAUX ADD LA (LAMOUREUX) Lot: 5 Block: 10..., ... Grantee: ARTERY JEREMIE D