Jun 20, 2013 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Jessie M. Arthur, of Arapahoe, at 6:09 p.m. June 11, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
A daughter was born to Megan Park and Bryan Brown, of Lander, at 6:20 p.m. May 13, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces.
Cassidy L. Cooper, 6, died Saturday, June 15, in Riverton. Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, June 24, at the First Presbyterian Church in Cheyenne with Pastor Aaron Justice and the Rev. Diana Hartman officiating. Interment will be in Lakeview Cemetery in Cheyenne.
Rita R. Smock, 76, of Riverton, died Wednesday, June 19, at her home. Arrangements are pending at Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Sharon K. Vogel, 73, formerly of Fremont County, died Thursday, June 20, in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Funeral services will be Wednesday, June 26, at Hudson's Funeral Home.
2013 Relay for Life is June 21 to June 22 at Riverton High School. The closing ceremony is at noon June 22. For details or to purchase tickets contact Corinna Long at 851-6840 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandi Stover at 851-4965 or email@example.com.
Castle Gardens Guided Tour, hosted by the Alliance for Historic Wyoming and the Bureau of Land Management, is at the site. Archaeologist Craig Bromley will give a tour and highlight the tribal importance of the site. Visitors who wish to go on the tour are asked to meet at 10 a.m. at the Waltman Rest Area on Highway 20/26 between Casper and Shoshoni. Visitors should bring plenty of water and a lunch and be properly dressed for the weather. To learn more about AHW and its work visit HistoricWyoming.org, e-mail Carly-Ann Anderson at ExecDirector@historicwyoming.org or call 307-333-3508.
Second Annual Cowboy State Cow Horse Classic is June 22 to June 23 at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton.
High Country Challenge is at 7 a.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Dubois. Runs include a 5k/10k trail run, 15k mountain run, and a 1k fun walk/run. For more information call 455-2235 or visit www.bgcdubois.com.
Sixth Annual Butterfly Blitz is at 9 a.m. at the Red Canyon Ranch in Lander. The afternoon will be spent surveying along the Popo Agie River and will finish up by4 p.m. Participants are asked to bring a lunch, water, hat, sunscreen and butterfly nets and field guides if you have them. Fee is $3 per participant for the North America Butterfly Association. For more information, call Amy Pocewicz at 335-2131.
Fast and the Furriest 2013 5K/1K Run/Walk is 9 a.m. to noon at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Registration is $25 in advance, $30 the day of the race. For more information, contact Brandi Waheed at 856-7764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dubois' Annual Humane Society Dog Wash is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Dubois Branch Library south lawn, 202 N. First St. All proceeds will benefit Western Fremont County Humane Society. Cost is $5 a dog.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Eldred Lee, 54, of Ethete, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 10 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Howard Addison, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of Forest Drive.
- A 49-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for assault at about 9 p.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of Debbie Street. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date. Officers were responding to calls of a family fight.
- A 43-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for assault at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday on Sioux Avenue. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date. Officers were responding to calls of a family fight.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Amanda Randall, 25, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
- During this timeframe the FCSO took 57 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 17 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention center for charges including two misdemeanors. The center currently is responsible for 167 inmates including 148 at the facility, 13 in substance abuse treatment programs, three on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: TORRES JOSE A, TORRES KAYLEE A Legal: Sub/Mine: WILSON ROAD SUB MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: HORTON COLE, HORTON GARY, HORTON KENNA, ...
- Grantor: LYLES JESSE R, LYLES JULIE A Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 11 Block: 23 City: RIVER... Grantee: NIELSON JOSEPH JAY, NIELSON LORI L
- Grantor: WEICHERT RELOCATION RESOURCES INC Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ACRES ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 40 Cit... Grantee: JOHNSON STEVEN B , JOHNSON MICHELE L
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.